Thomas M Suter
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Trastuzumab-associated cardiac adverse effects in the herceptin adjuvant trialThomas M Suter
Swiss Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Bern, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 25:3859-65. 2007..The purpose of this analysis was to investigate trastuzumab-associated cardiac adverse effects in breast cancer patients after completion of (neo)adjuvant chemotherapy with or without radiotherapy...
- Cancer drugs and the heart: importance and managementThomas M Suter
Department of Cardiology, Bern University Hospital, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Eur Heart J 34:1102-11. 2013..This review discusses concepts for timely diagnosis, intervention, and surveillance of cancer patients undergoing treatment, and provides approaches to clinical uncertainties...
- Cancer therapy-associated cardiotoxicity and signaling in the myocardiumChristian Zuppinger
Swiss Cardiovascular Center, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 56:141-6. 2010..Subsequently, the role of endothelial-myocardial communication in maintaining phenotype and survival of adult cardiomyocytes has increasingly been recognized...
- Cancer therapy modulates VEGF signaling and viability in adult rat cardiac microvascular endothelial cells and cardiomyocytesManuel Chiusa
Bern University Hospital, Cardiology, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:1164-75. 2012..In conclusion, these data suggest that cancer therapy with anthracyclines modulates VEGF-A release and its cellular receptors in CMEC and ARVM, and therefore alters paracrine signaling in the myocardium...
- Effects of doxorubicin cancer therapy on autophagy and the ubiquitin-proteasome system in long-term cultured adult rat cardiomyocytesPolychronis Dimitrakis
Cardiology, Swiss Cardiovascular Center Bern, Bern University Hospital and University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Cell Tissue Res 350:361-72. 2012..This mechanism might contribute to the late cardiotoxicity of anthracyclines by accelerated aging of the postmitotic adult cardiomyocytes and to the susceptibility of the aging heart to anthracycline cancer therapy...