Affiliation: University Hospital
- Influence of dobutamine on the variables of systemic haemodynamics, metabolism, and intestinal perfusion after cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the ratWolfgang Studer
Department of Anaesthesiology and Research, University of Basel, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Resuscitation 64:227-32. 2005..Global left ventricular dysfunction after successful resuscitation from cardiac arrest may be treated successfully with dobutamine but the effects on intestinal perfusion are unknown...
- Resuscitation from cardiac arrest with adrenaline/epinephrine or vasopressin: effects on intestinal mucosal tonometer pCO(2) during the postresuscitation period in ratsWolfgang Studer
Department of Anesthesiology and Research, University of Basel, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Resuscitation 53:201-7. 2002....
- Ileocecal valve as substitute for the missing pyloric sphincter after partial distal gastrectomyJürg Metzger
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Ann Surg 236:28-36. 2002..The authors hypothesized that an ileocecal segment used as an interpositional graft placed between the remaining part of the stomach and the small intestine would slow down food transit and thus replace pyloric function...
- Aortic cross-clamping and reperfusion in pigs reduces microvascular oxygenation by altered systemic and regional blood flow distributionMartin Siegemund
Department Anaesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, University Hospital, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 111:345-53. 2010....
- Inducible nitric oxide synthase inhibition improves intestinal microcirculatory oxygenation and CO2 balance during endotoxemia in pigsMartin Siegemund
Department of Physiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 31:985-92. 2005..This findings are consistent with the idea that 1400W corrects pathological flow distribution and regional dysoxia within the intestinal wall following endotoxic shock...