Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Basel
- Huranová M, Muruganandam G, Weiss M, Spang A. Dynamic assembly of the exomer secretory vesicle cargo adaptor subunits. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:202-19 pubmed publisher..The multifactorial assembly pathway results in an exquisitely fine-tuned adaptor complex, enabling the cell to quickly respond and adapt to changes such as stress. ..
- Ritz A, Trautwein M, Grassinger F, Spang A. The prion-like domain in the exomer-dependent cargo Pin2 serves as a trans-Golgi retention motif. Cell Rep. 2014;7:249-60 pubmed publisher..The aggregation of Pin2 is reversible upon stress removal and Pin2 is rapidly re-exported to the plasma membrane. Altogether, these data uncover a role for PLDs as protein localization elements. ..
- Ackema K, Hench J, BÃ¶ckler S, Wang S, Sauder U, Mergentaler H, et al. The small GTPase Arf1 modulates mitochondrial morphology and function. EMBO J. 2014;33:2659-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, Arf1 is involved in mitochondrial homeostasis and dynamics, independent of its role in vesicular traffic. ..
- Solinger J, Spang A. Loss of the Sec1/Munc18-family proteins VPS-33.2 and VPS-33.1 bypasses a block in endosome maturation in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:3909-25 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which the SM proteins in tethering complexes are required for coordinated flux of material through the endosomal system. ..
- Stevens J, Spang A. Attenuation of N-glycosylation causes polarity and adhesion defects in the C. elegans embryo. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1224-1231 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a general role for N-glycosylation in plasma membrane compartmentalization and cell polarity. ..