Daniel S Schechter
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Autonomic functioning in mothers with interpersonal violence-related posttraumatic stress disorder in response to separation-reunionDaniel S Schechter
Psychiatry Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Geneva Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
Dev Psychobiol 56:748-60. 2014..PTSD-mothers showed delayed onset of this pattern only upon re-exposure, and were perhaps exhibiting defensive avoidance or numbing during the initial separation/reunion. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Dev Psychobiol 56: 748-760, 2014. ..
- [Difficult parents? The challenges of responding to the needs of psychiatrically ill parents in pediatric practice]Daniel S Schechter
Service de Psychiatrie de l Enfant et de l Adolescent, Département de l enfant et de l adolescent, HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 9:402-4. 2013..Approaches to help the pediatrician better evaluate parental distress and associated risks to the child, while maintaining the parent-pediatrician alliance, are discussed...
- The relationship of violent fathers, posttraumatically stressed mothers and symptomatic children in a preschool-age inner-city pediatrics clinic sampleDaniel S Schechter
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Hospitals of Geneva, 51 Boulevard de la Cluse, Geneva, Switzerland
J Interpers Violence 26:3699-719. 2011....
- An fMRI study of the brain responses of traumatized mothers to viewing their toddlers during separation and playDaniel S Schechter
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Child and Adolescent Medicine, University of Geneva Hospitals, Switzerland
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 7:969-79. 2012..This converges with previously reported associations of maternal IPV-PTSD and atypical caregiving behavior following separation...
- Disturbances of attachment and parental psychopathology in early childhoodDaniel S Schechter
Parent Infant Research Units, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Hospitals of Geneva, 51 Boulevard de la Cluse, 2nd Floor, Geneva 1205, Switzerland
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 18:665-86. 2009..Clinical implications and recommendations for treatment of attachment disturbances conclude the article...
- Is maternal PTSD associated with greater exposure of very young children to violent media?Daniel S Schechter
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Service, University of Geneva Hospitals, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Trauma Stress 22:658-62. 2009..Clinicians should assess maternal and child media viewing practices in families with histories of violent trauma exposure and related psychopathology...
- Subjective and objective measures of parent-child relationship dysfunction, child separation distress, and joint attentionDaniel S Schechter
Service de Psychiatrie de l Enfant e de l Adolescent SPEA, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 51 Boulevard de la Cluse, 2eme etage, CH 1205 Geneve, Switzerland
Psychiatry 73:130-44. 2010..Left untreated, parent-child relationship dysfunction may well lead to impairment in learning and social-emotional development...
- Psychodynamic approaches to medically ill children and their traumatically stressed parentsAriane Schwab
Pediatric Consult Liaison Unit, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Service SPEA, University of Geneva Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 22:119-39. 2013....