Affiliation: University Hospital
- Atlantoaxial osteoarthritis: case series and review of the literatureStefan Schaeren
University Hospital, Dept of Orthopedic Surgery, Spitalstr 21, Basel, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 14:501-6. 2005..All five patients would undergo this surgery for the same condition again. C1-C2 fusion effectively relieves occipitocervical pain in AAOA non responsive to conservative treatment...
- A computer touch-screen version of the North American Spine Society outcome assessment instrument for the lumbar spineS Schaeren
The University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:201-4. 2005..Our data indicate that the touch-screen format is comparable to the paper form. It may improve follow-up in clinical practice and research by meeting patients' preferences and minimising administrative work...
- Minimum four-year follow-up of spinal stenosis with degenerative spondylolisthesis treated with decompression and dynamic stabilizationStefan Schaeren
Center for Musculoskeletal Diseases Spine, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:E636-42. 2008..Prospective clinical study...
- Assessment of nerve damage using a novel ultrasonic device for bone cuttingStefan Schaeren
Orthopedic Surgery, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 66:593-6. 2008
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 maintains a niche-dependent population of self-renewing highly potent non-adherent mesenchymal progenitors through FGFR2cNunzia Di Maggio
Departments of Surgery and of Biomedicine, Basel University Hospital, Hebelstrasse 20, Basel, Switzerland
Stem Cells 30:1455-64. 2012..In conclusion, our data show a niche/progenitor organization in vitro, in which the BM adherent fraction provides a self-renewing microenvironment for primitive NAMP...
- Effect of bone sialoprotein coating of ceramic and synthetic polymer materials on in vitro osteogenic cell differentiation and in vivo bone formationStefan Schaeren
Department of Surgery and Biomedicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Biomed Mater Res A 92:1461-7. 2010....
- In vitro osteogenic differentiation and in vivo bone-forming capacity of human isogenic jaw periosteal cells and bone marrow stromal cellsClaude Jaquiery
Departments of Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Ann Surg 242:859-67, discussion 867-8. 2005..To compare the in vitro osteogenic differentiation and in vivo ectopic bone forming capacity of human bone marrow stromal cells (BMSCs) and jaw periosteal cells (JPCs), and to identify molecular predictors of their osteogenic capacity...
- Percutaneous cervical vertebroplasty in a multifunctional image-guided therapy suite: hybrid lateral approach to C1 and C4 under CT and fluoroscopic guidanceR W Huegli
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:649-52. 2005..A hybrid approach for vertebroplasty in a MIGTS appears to be safe and feasible and might be indicated in selected cases for difficult accessible lesions...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 and platelet-derived growth factor, but not platelet lysate, induce proliferation-dependent, functional class II major histocompatibility complex antigen in human mesenchymal stem cellsChiara Bocelli-Tyndall
University Hospital Basel and University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Arthritis Rheum 62:3815-25. 2010....
- Differentiation-dependent up-regulation of BMP-2, TGF-beta1, and VEGF expression by FGF-2 in human bone marrow stromal cellsJian Farhadi
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Plast Reconstr Surg 116:1379-86. 2005..These findings prompt for in vivo investigations on the delivery of FGF-2 for the temporally/functionally regulated enhancement of bone marrow stromal cell-based bone induction...
- The osteogenicity of implanted engineered bone constructs is related to the density of clonogenic bone marrow stromal cellsAlessandra Braccini
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Hebelstrasse 20, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 1:60-5. 2007..Possible ways to quantify the density of clonogenic cells as a quality control parameter to predict potency of BMSC-based constructs are discussed...
- Effects of bisphosphonates on proliferation and osteoblast differentiation of human bone marrow stromal cellsFabian von Knoch
Biomaterials Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Biomaterials 26:6941-9. 2005....
- Dynamic stabilization in addition to decompression for lumbar spinal stenosis with degenerative spondylolisthesisKlaus John Schnake
Center for Musculosceletal Surgery, Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, , Berlin, Germany
Spine 31:442-9. 2006..It maintains enough stability to prevent further progression of spondylolisthesis or instability. With the Dynesys system, no bone grafting is necessary, therefore, donor site morbidity can be avoided...