Affiliation: University of Basel
- Statins in clinical medicineJonas Rutishauser
Clinic for Internal Medicine, Hospital Center, Biel Bienne, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 141:w13310. 2011..Statins have pleiotropic effects, such as anti-inflammatory properties. It is still debated to what extent these effects translate into cardiovascular risk reduction beyond that conferred by LDL reduction...
- [Copeptin: diagnostic parameter, biomarker, or both?]Jonas Rutishauser
Innere Medizin, Spitalzentrum, Biel
Ther Umsch 66:731-4. 2009..Moreover, copeptin has been found to be a prognostically relevant biomarker in a variety of illnesses such as sepsis, shock, pneumonia, acute exacerbation of COPD, heart failure, and myocardial infarction...
- The role of statins in clinical medicine--LDL--cholesterol lowering and beyondJonas Rutishauser
Innere Medizin B, Universitatsspital, Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 136:41-9. 2006..Furthermore, they may prove beneficial in the prevention or treatment of diseases unrelated to atherosclerosis, eg rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, or cancer...
- [Treatment with statins: lowering of cholesterol or more?]J Rutishauser
Innere Medizin B, Universitatsspital Basel
Praxis (Bern 1994) 95:107-10. 2006
- Endoplasmic reticulum storage diseasesJonas Rutishauser
Department of Medicine, Medical Clinic A, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 132:211-22. 2002..In particular, understanding the links between ER stress and cell degeneration may give valuable insights into the pathogenesis of other diseases where the accumulation of indigestible toxic material leads to cell injury...
- Sleeping glands? - The role of endocrine disorders in sleeping sickness (T.b. gambiense Human African Trypanosomiasis)Johannes A Blum
Swiss Tropical Institute, Socinstrasse 57, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Acta Trop 104:16-24. 2007..However, a transitory adrenal insufficiency was suspected in 8% of HAT patients at admission and in 9% at discharge. All values were normal at follow-up 3 months later...
- A novel point mutation in the translation initiation codon of the pre-pro-vasopressin-neurophysin II gene: cosegregation with morphological abnormalities and clinical symptoms in autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidusJ Rutishauser
Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 81:192-8. 1996..The absence of the hyperintense posterior pituitary signal in affected individuals could reflect deficient posterior pituitary function...
- Correlation of plasma copeptin and vasopressin concentrations in hypo-, iso-, and hyperosmolar StatesSandrina Balanescu
Clinic of Internal Medicine, Hospital Center, Vogelsang 84, CH 2501 Biel Bienne, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1046-52. 2011..However, it is unknown to date how circulating copeptin and vasopressin levels correlate at different plasma osmolalites...
- Degradation of wild-type vasopressin precursor and pathogenic mutants by the proteasomeMichael A Friberg
Biozentrum, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 70, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 279:19441-7. 2004..Cytosolic forms of vasopressin might trigger cytotoxicity in vivo, as has been proposed in the case of prion protein, which also contains an inefficient N-terminal signal peptide...
- Expression of regulated secretory proteins is sufficient to generate granule-like structures in constitutively secreting cellsNicole Beuret
Biozentrum, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 70, CH-4056 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 279:20242-9. 2004....