Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Drug treatment of CRPS]S Ruegg
Universitatsspital Basel, Neurologie, Basel, Schweiz
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 42:19-29. 2010....
- Inter-rater reliability of the Full Outline of UnResponsiveness score and the Glasgow Coma Scale in critically ill patients: a prospective observational studyMichael Fischer
Department of Medical Intensive Care, University Hospital, Spitalstrasse, Basel, Switzerland
Crit Care 14:R64. 2010..A further aim was to compare the inter-rater reliability of neurologists with that of intensive care unit (ICU) staff...
- Intravenous levetiracetam: treatment experience with the first 50 critically ill patientsStephan Ruegg
Division of Clinical Neurophysiology, Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Epilepsy Behav 12:477-80. 2008..Antiepileptic treatment of critically ill patients with LEV seems to be effective and safe according to the data for this small cohort, but this observation warrants further prospective investigation in a larger number of patients...
- Bilateral vertebral artery occlusion resulting from giant cell arteritis: report of 3 cases and review of the literatureStephan Ruegg
Department of Neurology, University Clinics Basel, Switzerland
Medicine (Baltimore) 82:1-12. 2003..Early diagnosis of GCA is necessary for immediate initiation of intensive antiinflammatory and immunosuppressive treatment, without which progressive deterioration and systemic involvement are likely to be fatal...
- Association of environmental factors with the onset of status epilepticusStephan Ruegg
Division of Clinical Neurophysiology, Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Epilepsy Behav 12:66-73. 2008..The goal of the work described here was to investigate the influence of environmental factors on admissions of patients with status epilepticus (SE) to the intensive care unit (ICU)...
- Rituximab stabilizes multifocal motor neuropathy increasingly less responsive to IVIgStephan J Ruegg
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Neurology 63:2178-9. 2004..Rituximab may be a benefit for patients with MMN...
- Oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy - an under-diagnosed disorder?Stephan Ruegg
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 135:574-86. 2005....
- Levetiracetam improves paroxysmal symptoms in a patient with stiff-person syndromeStephan J Ruegg
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Neurology 62:338. 2004
- [Subtherapeutic blood levels of phenytoin due to a medication error]E Burri
Innere Medizin B, Universitatsspital Basel
Praxis (Bern 1994) 96:687-92. 2007..9% saline infusions. As a result phenytoin sodium injections precipitated and were retained by the particle filter, thus leading to subtherapeutic phenytoin serum levels...
- Life-threatening orolingual angioedema during thrombolysis in acute ischemic strokeS T Engelter
Neurological Clinic and Stroke Unit, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Neurol 252:1167-70. 2005..Orolingual angioedema can occur during thrombolysis with alteplase in stroke patients. However, data about its frequency, severity and the significance of concurrent use of angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors (ACEi) are sparse...
- Thrombolysis in stroke mimics: frequency, clinical characteristics, and outcomeDavid T Winkler
Neurological Clinic, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Stroke 40:1522-5. 2009..Intravenous thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke is usually based on clinical assessment, blood test results, and CT findings. Intravenous thrombolysis of stroke mimics may occur but has not been studied in detail...
- Adaptation of antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus infection with central nervous system involvementMatthias Mehling
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Basel, Switzerland
J Neurovirol 14:78-84. 2008..Our case report illustrates the importance of individualized antiretroviral therapy in HIV infected patients with neurological complications...
- Beta activity in status epilepticusLeo H Bonati
Department of Neurology, Division of Clinical Neurophysiology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Epilepsia 47:207-10. 2006..We observed ictal focal beta activity as the predominant seizure pattern in a patient with refractory status epilepticus. Continuous left temporal beta activity clinically correlated with complex partial semiology on video-EEG...
- Pharmacokinetics of midazolam and metabolites in a patient with refractory status epilepticus treated with extraordinary doses of midazolamMichael Bodmer
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Ther Drug Monit 30:120-4. 2008..Even in patients with hepatic CYP3A induction, the half-life of MDZ increases with high doses as a result of a rise in its volume of distribution, which is a consequence of an increase in the free fraction of MDZ...
- Cerebral perfusion in sepsis-associated deliriumDavid Pfister
Department of Anaesthesia, Operative Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Crit Care 12:R63. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that cerebral perfusion and selected serum markers of inflammation and delirium differ in septic patients with and without sepsis-associated delirium...
- Effects of rapamycin on gene expression, morphology, and electrophysiological properties of rat hippocampal neuronsStephan Ruegg
Division of Clinical Neurophysiology, Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Epilepsy Res 77:85-92. 2007....