Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Geneva
- The paired homeodomain transcription factor Pax-2 is expressed in the endocrine pancreas and transactivates the glucagon gene promoterB Ritz-Laser
Diabetes Unit, Centre Medical Universitaire, 1211 Geneve 4, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 275:32708-15. 2000..Our data indicate that Pax-2 is the third paired domain protein present in the endocrine pancreas and that one of its roles may be the regulation of glucagon gene expression...
- Ectopic expression of the beta-cell specific transcription factor Pdx1 inhibits glucagon gene transcriptionB Ritz-Laser
Diabetes Unit, University Hospital Geneva, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Diabetologia 46:810-21. 2003..Beta-cell specific inactivation of Pdx1 in developing or adult mice leads to an increase in glucagon-expressing cells, suggesting that absence of Pdx1could favour glucagon gene expression by a default mechanism...
- Molecular detection of circulating beta-cells after islet transplantationBeate Ritz-Laser
Diabetes Unit, Department of Internal Medecine, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Diabetes 51:557-61. 2002..This test may allow better estimation of islet cell loss and identification of factors involved in islet graft injury...
- The pancreatic beta-cell-specific transcription factor Pax-4 inhibits glucagon gene expression through Pax-6Beate Ritz-Laser
Diabetes Unit, Geneva University Hospital, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Diabetologia 45:97-107. 2002....
- Hepatic nuclear factor-3 (HNF-3 or Foxa2) regulates glucagon gene transcription by binding to the G1 and G2 promoter elementsBenoit R Gauthier
Unite de Diabetologie Clinique, Centre Medical Universitaire, 1211 Geneve 4, Switzerland
Mol Endocrinol 16:170-83. 2002..We suggest that HNF-3 may play a dual role on glucagon gene transcription by 1) inhibiting the transactivation potential of Pax6 on the G1 and G3 elements and 2) direct activation through G1 and G2...
- Agenesis of human pancreas due to decreased half-life of insulin promoter factor 1Valerie M Schwitzgebel
Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Geneva University Hospital, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4398-406. 2003..We conclude that the IPF1 level is critical for human pancreas formation...
- The zinc finger-containing transcription factor Gata-4 is expressed in the developing endocrine pancreas and activates glucagon gene expressionBeate Ritz-Laser
Diabetes Unit, University Hospital Geneva, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Mol Endocrinol 19:759-70. 2005....
- Pax2 mutant mice display increased number and size of islets of Langerhans but no change in insulin and glucagon contentMaia Zaiko
Diabetes Unit, Department of Medicine, University Hospital Geneva, 24 Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Endocrinol 150:389-95. 2004..We have concluded that Pax2 may be implicated in the prenatal determination of the relative proportion of the endocrine and exocrine tissues of the pancreas...
- The HMG-I/Y-related protein p8 binds to p300 and Pax2 trans-activation domain-interacting protein to regulate the trans-activation activity of the Pax2A and Pax2B transcription factors on the glucagon gene promoterAlbrecht Hoffmeister
Centre de Recherche INSERM, EMI 0116, 163 Avenue de Luminy, Campus de Luminy, BP 172, 13276 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Biol Chem 277:22314-9. 2002....
- Essential interaction of Egr-1 at an islet-specific response element for basal and gastrin-dependent glucagon gene transactivation in pancreatic alpha-cellsStéphane Leung-Theung-Long
INSERM U531, IFR31, Hospital Rangueil, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Biol Chem 280:7976-84. 2005..Moreover they open new working hypothesis with reference to a potential role of gastrin in glucagon-producing pancreatic cells...