Affiliation: University of Geneva
- Compensatory changes in GroEL/Gp31 affinity as a mechanism for allele-specific genetic interactionA Richardson
Departement de Biochimie Medicale, University of Geneva, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 274:52-8. 1999..Mutations studied in this work indirectly alter affinity by modulating a folding transition in the Gp31 mobile loop or by modulating a hinged conformational change in GroEL...
- Genetic analysis of the bacteriophage T4-encoded cochaperonin Gp31A Richardson
Universite de Geneve, Departement de Biochimie Medicale, Centre Medical Universitaire, CH 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Genetics 152:1449-57. 1999..Our genetic analyses highlight the crucial importance of all three highly conserved hydrophobic residues of the mobile loop of Gp31 in the productive interaction with GroEL...
- Pseudo-T-even bacteriophage RB49 encodes CocO, a cochaperonin for GroEL, which can substitute for Escherichia coli's GroES and bacteriophage T4's Gp31D Ang
Departement de Biochimie Medicale, Centre Medical Universitaire, 1 rue Michel Servet, CH 1211 Geneve 4, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 276:8720-6. 2001..Both the CocO wild type and epsilon22 proteins have been purified and shown in vitro to assist GroEL in the refolding of denatured citrate synthase...
- Genetic analysis of bacteriophage-encoded cochaperoninsD Ang
Departement de Biochimie Medicale, Centre Medical Universitaire, 1 rue Michel Servet, Geneve 4, CH 1211 Switzerland
Annu Rev Genet 34:439-456. 2000..Conserved structural features between CocO and Gp31, which are absent from GroES, highlight their potential importance in specific cochaperonin function...
- The ins and outs of a molecular chaperone machineA Richardson
Departement de Biochimie Medicale, Universite de Geneve, Switzerland
Trends Biochem Sci 23:138-43. 1998....
- The importance of a mobile loop in regulating chaperonin/ co-chaperonin interaction: humans versus Escherichia coliA Richardson
Departement de Biochimie Medicale, Centre Medical Universitaire, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 276:4981-7. 2001..It seems likely that the single ring mitochondrial Hsp60 exhibits intrinsically lower affinity for the co-chaperonin that can be compensated for by a higher affinity mobile loop...
- Molecular cloning, expression and characterization of the human serine/threonine kinase Akt-3S Masure
Department of Biotechnology, Janssen Research Foundation, Beerse, Belgium
Eur J Biochem 265:353-60. 1999..These observations suggest that Akt-3 is a promising target for the discovery of novel chemotherapeutic agents which do not interfere with insulin signalling...