Affiliation: University of Fribourg
- Basal forebrain activation controls contrast sensitivity in primary visual cortexAnwesha Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Fribourg, Chemin du Musee 5, Fribourg 1700, Switzerland
BMC Neurosci 14:55. 2013..We used deep brain stimulation (DBS) in the BF, which is thought to activate both types of projections, to investigate the impact of BF activation on V1 neural activity...
- The zebrafish heart regenerates after cryoinjury-induced myocardial infarctionFabian Chablais
Department of Medicine, Unit of Anatomy, University of Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland
BMC Dev Biol 11:21. 2011..By contrast, teleost fish and urodele amphibians are capable of heart regeneration after a partial amputation. However, due to the lack of a suitable infarct model, it is not known how these animals respond to myocardial infarction...
- Allocating attention in rank-ordered groupsGregor Rainer
Department of Medicine, University of Fribourg, Chemin du Musee 5, CH 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Neuron 70:5-7. 2011....
- Neuropeptide alterations in the tree shrew hypothalamus during volatile anesthesiaLaetitia Fouillen
Visual Cognition Laboratory, Department of Medicine, University of Fribourg, Chemin du Musee 5, Fribourg, CH 1700, Switzerland
J Proteomics 80:311-9. 2013..Our study broadens the scope for the involvement of neuropeptides in volatile anesthesia regulation, opening the possibility for investigating the associated regulatory mechanisms...
- Functional and laminar dissociations between muscarinic and nicotinic cholinergic neuromodulation in the tree shrew primary visual cortexAnwesha Bhattacharyya
Visual Cognition Laboratory, Department of Medicine, University of Fribourg, Chemin du Musee 5, CH 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 35:1270-80. 2012..Our findings suggest close homology between cholinergic mechanisms in tree shrew and primate visual cortices...
- Broad characterization of endogenous peptides in the tree shrew visual systemVaclav Ranc
University of Fribourg, Department of Medicine, Fribourg, Switzerland
J Proteomics 75:2526-35. 2012..This study provides the first in-depth characterization of peptides in the mammalian visual system. These findings now permit the investigation of neuropeptide-regulated mechanisms of visual perception...
- High identification rates of endogenous neuropeptides from mouse brainXiaozhe Zhang
Department of Medicine, University of Fribourg, Fribourg, CH 1700, Switzerland
J Proteome Res 11:2819-27. 2012..This will advance our understanding of the roles of diverse peptides and their links in the brain functions...
- Chronic nicotine treatment impacts the regulation of opioid and non-opioid peptides in the rat dorsal striatumFilomena Petruzziello
Visual Cognition Laboratory, Department of Medicine, University of Fribourg, Chemin de Musée 5, Fribourg CH 1700, Switzerland
Mol Cell Proteomics 12:1553-62. 2013..Our finding permits future evaluation of the neurochemical circuits modulated by chronic nicotine exposure and provides a number of novel molecules that could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating drug dependence...
- Analysis of multiple quaternary ammonium compounds in the brain using tandem capillary column separation and high resolution mass spectrometric detectionSara Falasca
Visual Cognition Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Chemin du Musee 5, University of Fribourg, Fribourg CH 1700, Switzerland
J Chromatogr A 1241:46-51. 2012..The analytical method proved to be highly sensitive and reliable for simultaneous determination of all the targeted analytes from brain samples...
- Neural response dynamics of spiking and local field potential activity depend on CRT monitor refresh rate in the tree shrew primary visual cortexJulia Veit
Visual Cognition Laboratory, Dept of Medicine, Univ of Fribourg, Chemin du Musee 5, CH 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
J Neurophysiol 106:2303-13. 2011..Taken together, our findings reveal many similarities between V1 of macaque and tree shrew, while underscoring a greater temporal sensitivity of the tree shrew visual system...
- Extensive characterization of Tupaia belangeri neuropeptidome using an integrated mass spectrometric approachFilomena Petruzziello
Visual Cognition Laboratory, Department of Medicine, University of Fribourg, Chemin de Musée 5, Fribourg, CH 1700, Switzerland
J Proteome Res 11:886-96. 2012....
- Recognition memory in tree shrew (Tupaia belangeri) after repeated familiarization sessionsAbbas Khani
Visual Cognition Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Chemin du Musee 5, Fribourg, Switzerland
Behav Processes 90:364-71. 2012..Taken together, our results demonstrate robust novelty preference of tree shrews, in general similarity to previous findings in rodents and primates...
- Own-species bias in the representations of monkey and human face categories in the primate temporal lobeR Sigala
Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics, Tubingen, Germany
J Neurophysiol 105:2740-52. 2011..Such boundary shifts may thus serve as sensitive and robust indicators of encoding strength for categories of interest...