Affiliation: University Hospital
- Gene promoter hypermethylation in ductal lavage fluid from healthy BRCA gene mutation carriers and mutation-negative controlsImogen Locke
Translational Cancer Genetics Team, Institute of Cancer Research, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Breast Cancer Res 9:R20. 2007....
- Evidence-based management options for women at increased breast/ovarian cancer riskG Pichert
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 14:9-19. 2003..Management options are given for women at slightly, moderately and highly elevated breast cancer risk, as well as for BRCA1/2 carriers, based on currently available evidence...
- Novel one-stop multidisciplinary follow-up clinic significantly improves cancer risk management in BRCA1/2 carriersG Pichert
Clinical Genetics Department, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, Guys Hospital, 7th Floor Borough Wing, Great Maze Pond Road, SE1 9RT, London, UK
Fam Cancer 9:313-9. 2010..001). Our novel MDOSC designed to devise an individually tailored cancer risk management strategy had a high uptake amongst our BRCA1/2 carriers. Attendance resulted in improved breast and ovarian cancer risk management...
- Unexpected findings in cancer predisposition genes detected by array comparative genomic hybridisation: what are the issues?Gabriella Pichert
Clinical Genetics Department, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
J Med Genet 48:535-9. 2011..To calculate and discuss the percentage of imbalance for selected cancer predisposition genes in patients referred for routine diagnostic array comparative genomic hybridisation (CGH)...
- Swiss primary care physicians' knowledge, attitudes and perception towards genetic testing for hereditary breast cancerGabriella Pichert
Swiss Institute s Applied Cancer Research Network for Cancer Predisposition Testing and Counseling, Berne Switzerland
Fam Cancer 2:153-8. 2003..To define its role in the care of individuals with inherited cancer predisposition, attitudes, knowledge and perception of primary care physicians towards genetic counseling and testing for hereditary breast cancer were examined...
- Harnessing the potential of cancer genetics in healthcareGabriella Pichert
Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 5:626-32. 2004....
- Loss of heterozygosity at the BRCA1 and BRCA2 loci detected in ductal lavage fluid from BRCA gene mutation carriers and controlsImogen Locke
The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1399-402. 2006..Further studies are required to evaluate the specificity and predictive value of LOH in ductal lavage fluid for breast cancer development...
- [Genetic counseling in familial breast cancer]Gabriella Pichert
Oncocare Klinik Engeried, Riedweg 15, Bern
Ther Umsch 65:235-41. 2008..Here, the elements of genetic counselling and testing and the management of families with a highly increased breast and ovarian risk will be discussed...
- RNA analysis reveals splicing mutations and loss of expression defects in MLH1 and BRCA1Andrew Sharp
Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Salisbury District Hospital, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP2 8BJ, UK
Hum Mutat 24:272. 2004....
- Common breast cancer-predisposition alleles are associated with breast cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersAntonis C Antoniou
Cancer Research UK, Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, UK
Am J Hum Genet 82:937-48. 2008....
- Multiple self-healing squamous epithelioma in different ethnic groups: more than a founder mutation disorder?Mariella D'Alessandro
Cancer Research UK Cell Structure Research Group, Dundee University School of Life Sciences, Dundee, UK
J Invest Dermatol 127:2336-44. 2007..The haplotypes for polymorphic markers segregating with MSSE in non-Scottish and Scottish families differ, suggesting that MSSE is not caused by a founder mutation and might be more common than originally thought...
- Familial ovarian cancer screeningDiane Stirling
J Clin Oncol 24:e11. 2006
- Familial non-BRCA1/BRCA2-associated breast cancerDiana M Eccles
Wessex Clinical Genetics Service, Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton University Hospital Trust, Southampton, UK
Lancet Oncol 6:705-11. 2005....
- Screening for familial ovarian cancer: failure of current protocols to detect ovarian cancer at an early stage according to the international Federation of gynecology and obstetrics systemDiane Stirling
Macmillan Nurse Specialist in Genetics, Southeast of Scotland Clinical Genetic Services, Western General Hospital, Crewe Rd, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU Scotland
J Clin Oncol 23:5588-96. 2005..To assess the effectiveness of annual ovarian cancer screening (transvaginal ultrasound and serum CA-125 estimation) in detecting presymptomatic ovarian cancer in women at increased genetic risk...