Andrej Maria Nowakowski
Affiliation: University of Basel
- Comparison of the primary stability of different tibial baseplate concepts to retain both cruciate ligaments during total knee arthroplastyAndrej M Nowakowski
Orthopaedic Department, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland Electronic address
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 28:910-5. 2013..This concept should provide better primary stability and thus, less subsidence, than implantation of two separate unicondylar tibial baseplates...
- Investigating the primary stability of the transversal support tibial plateau concept to retain both cruciate ligaments during total knee arthroplastyAndrej M Nowakowski
Orthopaedic Department, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Appl Biomater Funct Mater 10:127-35. 2012..This configuration, which enables retention of both cruciate ligaments, should provide good bone fixation and ensure long-term alignment of the individual joint surfaces...
- Micro CT analysis of the subarticular bone structure in the area of the talar trochleaAndrej Maria Nowakowski
Orthopedic Department, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Surg Radiol Anat 35:283-93. 2013....
- Assessment of knee implant alignment using coordinate measurement on three-dimensional computed tomography reconstructionsAndrej M Nowakowski
Orthopedic Department, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse, Basel, Switzerland
Surg Innov 19:375-84. 2012..As well, precise alignment of transversal support can be achieved during implantation with a conventional aiming device, assuming the bony landmarks are appropriately recognized...
- Measurement of knee joint gaps without bone resection: "physiologic" extension and flexion gaps in total knee arthroplasty are asymmetric and unequal and anterior and posterior cruciate ligament resections produce different gap changesAndrej Maria Nowakowski
Orthopaedic Department, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Orthop Res 30:522-7. 2012..ACL resection predominantly increased extension gaps, while PCL resection increased flexion gaps. Distraction force of 100 N per compartment appeared adequate; increasing to 200 N did not improve the results...
- Development of a force-determining tensor to measure "physiologic knee ligament gaps" without bone resection using a total knee arthroplasty approachAndrej Maria Nowakowski
Orthopaedic Department, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031, Basel, Switzerland
J Orthop Sci 16:56-63. 2011..There are also no standards specifying which instruments (e.g., spacers, distractors, trial components, navigation systems) and particularly what degree of force should be used for gap distraction...
- Computer tomographic evaluation of talar edge configuration for osteochondral graft transplantationMartin Wiewiorski
Orthopaedic Department, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Anat 25:773-80. 2012..Osteochondral lesions are three dimensional; therefore, a 3D preoperative planning tool by CT scan or MRI is mandatory...
- The glenohumeral joint - a mismatching system? A morphological analysis of the cartilaginous and osseous curvature of the humeral head and the glenoid cavityValentin Zumstein
Institute of Anatomy, University of Basel, Pestalozzistrasse 20, Basel 4056, Switzerland
J Orthop Surg Res 9:34. 2014..The comparison of cartilaginous radii between humeral head and glenoid in different planes provides new information to understand the degree of conformity during abduction of the upper limb...
- Novel polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) based cryoprotection method that facilitates cutting frozen sections of decalcified human trabecular boneI Piotr Maly
Department of Biomedicine, Musculoskeletal Research Group, University of Basel, Switzerland
Histol Histopathol 28:1605-11. 2013....