Affiliation: University Hospital
- Disclosure and social acknowledgement as predictors of recovery from posttraumatic stress: a longitudinal study in crime victimsJulia Mueller
Department of Psychology, Dresden University of Technology, Germany
Can J Psychiatry 53:160-8. 2008..To address posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) predictors with research focused on the coping styles of traumatized individuals...
- Biofeedback for pain management in traumatised refugeesJulia Muller
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Cogn Behav Ther 38:184-90. 2009..The results encourage further research to confirm whether BF is indicated as a treatment component, but not a stand-alone treatment, for traumatised refugees with comorbid CP and PTSD...
- Disclosure attitudes and social acknowledgement as predictors of posttraumatic stress disorder symptom severity in Chinese and German crime victimsJulia Mueller
University Hospital Zurich, Psychiatric Department, Zurich, Switzerland
Can J Psychiatry 54:547-56. 2009..We compared prevalence rates of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in German and Chinese crime victims, and investigated the cross-cultural effect of 2 interpersonal predictors...
- Mental health of failed asylum seekers as compared with pending and temporarily accepted asylum seekersJulia Mueller
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Zurich, Culmannstr 8, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Public Health 21:184-9. 2011..As PTSD impacts memory functions, and as asylum applications rely on personal accounts, AS with PTSD are at more risk of being rejected than refugees...
- Mental health of asylum seekers: a cross-sectional study of psychiatric disordersMartina Heeren
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Zurich, Culmannstrasse 8, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 12:114. 2012..International research shows high levels of distress for asylum seekers. Little is known about actual psychiatric morbidity in this population, especially during the first few years postmigration...
- Mental health and healthcare utilization in adult asylum seekersThomas Maier
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Zurich, Culmannstr 8, 8091 Zurich, CH
Swiss Med Wkly 140:w13110. 2010..We assessed a sample of unselected adult asylum seekers to determine their current mental health status and patterns of healthcare utilisation...
- New treatment approaches: integrating new media in the treatment of war and torture victimsChristine Knaevelsrud
Treatment Center for Torture Victims, Berlin, Germany
Torture 17:67-78. 2007....