Affiliation: University of Bern
- One-year outcome of an integrative inpatient treatment for dual diagnosis patientsF Moggi
Universitäre Psychiatrische Dienste Bern, Switzerland
Addict Behav 24:589-92. 1999..General improvement may occur even if psychotropic substances are used. Controlled studies are needed on extended inpatient treatment for dual diagnosis patients and outcomes in longer follow-ups...
- One-year follow-up of dual diagnosis patients attending a 4-month integrated inpatient treatmentFranz Moggi
University Hospital of Clinical Psychiatry Berne, Switzerland
Eur Addict Res 8:30-7. 2002..The results await replication in controlled studies that need to include an assessment of outpatient treatment following inpatient programs...
- Validity and reliability of the German version of the short understanding of substance abuse scaleFranz Moggi
University Hospital of Clinical Psychiatry, Berne, Switzerland
Eur Addict Res 11:172-9. 2005..This analysis identified two factors: the Psychosocial model factor and a slightly different Disease model factor. The VSS Disease and Psychosocial subscales showed convergent and discriminant validity, as well as sufficient reliability...
- Substance use disorder treatment programs in Switzerland and the USA: Program characteristics and 1-year outcomesFranz Moggi
University Hospital of Psychiatry Bern, Switzerland
Drug Alcohol Depend 86:75-83. 2007....
- Patients with substance use and personality disorders: a comparison of patient characteristics, treatment process, and outcomes in Swiss and U.S. substance use disorder programsFranz Moggi
University Hospital of Psychiatry Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 36:66-72. 2010..Cross-cultural comparisons may increase our understanding of different models of substance use treatment and help identify consistent associations between patients' characteristics, treatment conditions, and outcomes...
- Association between cannabis use and sexual risk behavior among young heterosexual adultsJeannette Brodbeck
University Hospital for Clinical Psychiatry, Berne, Switzerland
AIDS Behav 10:599-605. 2006..Only among women psychosocial stress was a partial mediator. The findings show that HIV prevention programs for cannabis-using young adults should emphasize the role of person variables instead of situation variables...
- Motives for cannabis use as a moderator variable of distress among young adultsJeannette Brodbeck
University of Berne, University Hospital of Clinical Psychiatry Berne, Bolligenstrasse 111, CH 3000 Berne 60, Switzerland
Addict Behav 32:1537-45. 2007..Our results suggest that secondary prevention for cannabis users should target especially young adults with coping motives for use...
- Prescription procedures in medication for relapse prevention after inpatient treatment for alcohol use disorders in SwitzerlandCaroline Buri
University Hospital of Psychiatry Bern, Bolligenstrasse 111, 3000 Bern 60, Switzerland
Alcohol Alcohol 42:333-9. 2007..There remains, however, a paucity of studies with sufficient external validity in which the effectiveness of pharmacotherapy in clinical practice is investigated. This study aimed to make a contribution to close this gap in research...