Affiliation: University Hospital
- Is intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) safe?S Michels
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1333-4. 2006
- [Intravitreal anti-VEGF therapy for capillary hemangioblastomas in von Hippel-Lindau disease]S Michels
Ophthalmology, University Hospital Zurich
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 225:292-4. 2008..Intravitreal injections of anti-VEGF drugs might provide a new therapeutic option in this condition...
- [Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)]Stephan Michels
Augenklinik, Universitatsspital Zurich
Ther Umsch 66:189-95. 2009..Significant progress has been made in the treatment of the neovascular form of the disease using inhibitors of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)...
- Value of polarisation-sensitive optical coherence tomography in diseases affecting the retinal pigment epitheliumS Michels
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Zurich, Frauenklinikstrasse 24, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Br J Ophthalmol 92:204-9. 2008..To evaluate pathological changes of retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) by polarisation-sensitive optical coherence tomography (PS-OCT)...
- Intravitreal Avastin for macular oedema secondary to retinal vein occlusion: a prospective studyK Kriechbaum
University Eye Hospital Zurich, Frauenklinikstrasse 24, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Br J Ophthalmol 92:518-22. 2008..To evaluate efficacy and safety of intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) in eyes with macular oedema secondary to central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) or branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO)...
- Response to ranibizumab therapy in neovascular AMD - an evaluation of good and bad respondersM Menghini
University Hospital of Zurich, Department of Ophthalmology, Zurich, Switzerland
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 227:244-8. 2010..While some patients show a good response (increase in VA), others disclose much less promising results...
- Intravitreal anti-VEGF therapy for retinal macroaneurysmS A Zweifel
University Hospital Zurich, Department of Ophthalmology, Zurich, Switzerland
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 230:392-5. 2013..We evaluated the effect of intravitreal anti-vascular endothelial growth factor therapy using bevacizumab or ranibizumab for retinal macroaneurysms with macular exudation...
- Multimodal imaging of autosomal dominant drusenS A Zweifel
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 229:399-402. 2012..This case series describes the morphological features of drusen associated with ML using multimodal imaging...
- Intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) therapy versus photodynamic therapy plus intravitreal triamcinolone for neovascular age-related macular degeneration: 6-month results of a prospective, randomised, controlled clinical studyG Weigert
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Br J Ophthalmol 92:356-60. 2008....
- Reduced fluence versus standard photodynamic therapy in combination with intravitreal triamcinolone: short-term results of a randomised studyS Sacu
Medical University of Vienna, Department of Ophthalmology, Vienna, Austria
Br J Ophthalmol 92:1347-51. 2008..To compare early treatment effect of reduced fluence versus standard photodynamic therapy (rPDT, sPDT, respectively) in combination with intravitreal triamcinolone (IVTA) in neovascular age-related macular degeneration...
- [Early effects of systemic and intravitreal bevacizumab (avastin) therapy for neovascular age-related macular degeneration]W Geitzenauer
Klinik für Augenheilkunde und Optometrie, Medizinische Universität Wien, Allgemeines Krankenhaus, Wien
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 223:822-7. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the early treatment response following systemic and intravitreal bevacizumab therapy in patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- [Paravenous changes in the retinal pigment epithelium]S Michels
Klinik fur Augenheilkunde, Medizinischen Universität zu Lübeck
Ophthalmologe 99:206-7. 2002
- [Expression of angiogenic factors by photodynamic therapy]M Rudolf
Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Augenklinik Campus Kiel
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 221:1026-32. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the impact of photodynamic therapy (PDT) on the regulation of angiogenic factors such as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and pigment epithelium derived factor (PEDF) in human eyes...
- [Treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration with Ranibizumab/Lucentis]S Michels
Klinik für Augenheilkunde und Optometrie, Medizinische Universität Wien, Osterreich
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 222:480-4. 2005..Anti-VEGF therapy using Ranibizumab is a promising new treatment option for neovascular AMD...
- Topographic angiography and optical coherence tomography: a correlation of imaging characteristicsC Ahlers
University Eye Hospital Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Ophthalmol 15:774-81. 2005..OCT and TAG imaging were compared to specify the characteristics of each imaging modality...
- Anecortave acetate for the treatment of subfoveal choroidal neovascularization secondary to age-related macular degenerationU Schmidt-Erfurth
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna, Vienna Austria
Eur J Ophthalmol 15:482-5. 2005..As part of this trial, 128 patients with subfoveal choroidal neovascularization (CNV) secondary to ARMD were enrolled and treated for up to 2 years by 18 clinical sites in the United States and European Union...
- Photodynamic therapy with verteporfin: a new treatment in ophthalmologyS Michels
University Eye Hospital, , Germany
Semin Ophthalmol 16:201-6. 2001..This review summarizes the mechanisms of action of PDT, and the results of preclinical and clinical studies in ophthalmology...
- [Three-dimensional imaging of photodynamic effects and spontaneous course in choroidal neovascularization]W Ahlswede
Augenklinik, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Lubeck
Ophthalmologe 101:675-81. 2004..The process of vascular alteration is documented quantitatively and qualitatively by three-dimensional angiography...
- [Chorioretinal anastomosis as unfavourable prognostic factor during photodynamic therapy]C Kusserow
Universitäts Augenklinik Lübeck
Ophthalmologe 100:197-202. 2003..The aim of this study was the documentation of chorioretinal anastomosis in neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and correlation with functional and angiographic results following photodynamic therapy (PDT)...
- [Intravitreal bevacizumab versus verteporfin and intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide in patients with neovascular age-related macula degeneration]R Hahn
Universitätsklinik für Augenheilkunde und Optometrie, Medizinische Universität Wien, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, Wien, Osterreich
Ophthalmologe 104:588-93. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare intravitreal bevacizumab (IVB) and verteporfin therapy in combination with 4 mg intravitreal triamcinolone (PDT-IVTA) in patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- [Changes in neovascular membranes and normal choroid blood vessels after multiple photodynamic therapy treatments]S Michels
Universitätsaugenklinik Lübeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck
Ophthalmologe 99:96-100. 2002..ICG angiography (ICGA) was used to document the effect of repeated PDT (verteporfin) on size and leakage of choroidal neovascularisation in age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and treatment-related side effects on the choroid...