Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Sideroblastic anemias]T Matthes
Hämatologie, Departement Innere Medizin, Universitätsspital Genf
Ther Umsch 63:25-33. 2006..The molecular defects of a few hereditary forms have already been elucidated, but the genes involved in the acquired forms are still largely unknown...
- Increased apoptosis in acquired sideroblastic anaemiaT W Matthes
Division of Haematology, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Haematol 111:843-52. 2000..g. Fe accumulation, secondary to mitochondrial or nuclear DNA mutations) or is secondary to an extracellular stimulus [e.g. tumour necrosis factor (TNF), Fas ligand (FasL)] remains to be determined...
- Severe hemochromatosis in a Portuguese family associated with a new mutation in the 5'-UTR of the HAMP geneThomas Matthes
Division of Hematology, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Blood 104:2181-3. 2004..The decrease of hepcidin production would thus lead to increased iron absorption, resulting in iron deposition in parenchymal tissues. Phlebotomy therapy of the 2 patients resulted in impressive clinical improvement...
- Using digital RNA counting and flow cytometry to compare mRNA with protein expression in acute leukemiasPaula Fernandez
Kantonsspital Aarau, Aarau, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e49010. 2012..We evaluated this technique in a Swiss multi-center study on eighty-six samples from acute leukemia patients...
- Different pathophysiological mechanisms of intramitochondrial iron accumulation in acquired and congenital sideroblastic anemia caused by mitochondrial DNA deletionThomas Matthes
Department of Internal Medicine, Unit of Clinical Hematology, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Haematol 77:169-74. 2006..g. nuclear DNA mutations, have to be proposed to be involved in the acquired forms of SA...
- Cytomegalovirus colitis--a severe complication after standard chemotherapyThomas Matthes
Division of Haematology, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Acta Oncol 41:704-6. 2002..Significant immunosuppression leading to severe colitis by CMV infection or reactivation can occur after standard chemotherapy...
- Acquired and transient RBC CD55 deficiency (Inab phenotype) and anti-IFCThomas Matthes
Division of Hematology, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Transfusion 42:1448-57. 2002..This report describes the first example of a patient with an acquired and transient form of the Inab phenotype...
- [Acute leukemias]J R Passweg
Service d Hematologie, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 4:1272-4, 1276-8. 2008
- [Effect of administration of recombinant human erythropoietin in acute normovolemic hemodilution on transfusion needs during total hip prosthesis implantation]P Beris
Division d Hématologie, Hopital Cantonal Universitaire de Geneve
Schweiz Med Wochenschr 128:1582-6. 1998..This protocol should be further tested in a prospective randomised study (rHuEpo versus placebo) in order to assess the real benefit of rHuEpo...
- Molecular mechanism of hepcidin deficiency in a patient with juvenile hemochromatosisAlexandra Rideau
Haematologica 92:127-8. 2007..By transient in vitro transfection studies, we provide evidence that the additional ATG is functional and prevents normal hepcidin production by inducing an aberrant translation initiation of the pre-hepcidin mRNA...
- Asp1424Asn MYH9 mutation results in an unstable protein responsible for the phenotypes in May-Hegglin anomaly/Fechtner syndromeSamuel Deutsch
University of Geneva, Switzerland
Blood 102:529-34. 2003..We hypothesize that haploinsufficiency of the MYH9 results in a failure to properly reorganize the cytoskeleton in megakaryocytes as required for efficient platelet production...