Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Nogo-receptors NgR1 and NgR2 do not mediate regulation of CD4 T helper responses and CNS repair in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisKarin Steinbach
Institute for Neuroimmunology and Clinical MS Research, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e26341. 2011..Our study demonstrates the urgent need for a more detailed knowledge on the multifunctional roles of ligands and receptors involved in CNS regeneration failure...
- The orally available, synthetic ether lipid edelfosine inhibits T cell proliferation and induces a type I interferon responsePierre Abramowski
Institute for Neuroimmunology and Clinical Multiple Sclerosis Research inims, ZMNH, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany Research Department Cell and Gene Therapy, Clinic for Stem Cell Transplantation, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e91970. 2014....
- Sphingosine-1 phosphate and central nervous systemRoland Martin
Neuroimmunology and Multiple Sclerosis Research, Clinic for Neurology, University Hospital Zurich, University Zurich, Frauenklinikstrasse 26, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 378:149-70. 2014..The present review will concentrate on the latter area and give a brief overview of what is known about S1P/S1PR interactions in the CNS in physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Anti-CD25 (daclizumab) monoclonal antibody therapy in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosisRoland Martin
Department of Neuroimmunology and Multiple Sclerosis Research, Neurology Clinic, University Hospital, University Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Immunol 142:9-14. 2012..From these data CD25 inhibition is one of the most promising upcoming treatments of RR-MS and possibly also other autoimmune conditions. Clinical and mechanistic data will be summarized in this short review...
- Nogo receptor is involved in the adhesion of dendritic cells to myelinClaire L McDonald
Clinical Department of Neurology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Neuroinflammation 8:113. 2011..The exact mechanisms of interaction of immune cells with CNS myelin are, however, poorly understood...
- Boswellic acids reduce Th17 differentiation via blockade of IL-1β-mediated IRAK1 signalingKlarissa Hanja Sturner
Institute for Neuroimmunology and Clinical Multiple Sclerosis Research INIMS and Clinic for Neurology, Center for Molecular Neurobiology, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 44:1200-12. 2014..The effects of AKBA on Th17 differentiation and IL-17A release make the compound a good candidate for potential treatment of Th17-driven diseases. ..
- Antigen-specific tolerance by autologous myelin peptide-coupled cells: a phase 1 trial in multiple sclerosisAndreas Lutterotti
Institute for Neuroimmunology and Clinical MS Research, Center for Molecular Neurobiology, 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Sci Transl Med 5:188ra75. 2013..In summary, this first-in-man clinical trial of autologous peptide-coupled cells in MS patients establishes the feasibility and indicates good tolerability and safety of this therapeutic approach...
- JC virus granule cell neuronopathy and GCN-IRIS under natalizumab treatmentSven Schippling
Neuroimmunology and Multiple Sclerosis Research Section, Department of Neurology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich Department of Neurology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich
Ann Neurol 74:622-6. 2013..GCN should be considered as a JCV CNS manifestation in patients with newly developed, progressive cerebellar signs under natalizumab treatment, especially in cases where cerebellar atrophy can be visualized by magnetic resonance imaging...
- Killer immunoglobulin-like receptor locus polymorphisms in multiple sclerosisIlijas Jelcic
Institute for Neuroimmunology and Clinical Multiple Sclerosis Research, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Mult Scler 18:951-8. 2012....
- T cell epitope mapping of JC polyoma virus-encoded proteome reveals reduced T cell responses in HLA-DRB1*04:01+ donorsIlijas Jelcic
University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Virol 87:3393-408. 2013..Our data are potentially relevant for the development of vaccines against JCV...
- Placebo cohorts in phase-3 MS treatment trials - predictors for on-trial disease activity 1990-2010 based on a meta-analysis and individual case dataJan Patrick Stellmann
Institute for Neuroimmunology and Clinical MS Research inims and Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e50347. 2012..The causes of these changes are not clear. We consider a better understanding of this phenomenon essential for valuing the effects of new drugs and by designing new trials...
- Natalizumab treatment perturbs memory- and marginal zone-like B-cell homing in secondary lymphoid organs in multiple sclerosisRaquel Planas
Institute for Neuroimmunology and Clinical MS Research, Center for Molecular Neurobiology Hamburg, University Medical Center Eppendorf, Hamburg, UKE, Germany
Eur J Immunol 42:790-8. 2012..The ability of natalizumab to influence B-cell migration and homeostasis through the splenic MZ, where JCV has been detected, adds to the list of natalizumab effects and may contribute to PML development by disseminating JCV...