Stephan C Marsch
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Succinylcholine versus rocuronium for rapid sequence intubation in intensive care: a prospective, randomized controlled trialStephan C Marsch
Department of Medical Intensive Care, University Hospital Basel, University of Basel, Petersgraben 4, Basel 4031, Switzerland
Crit Care 15:R199. 2011..Accordingly, the aim of the present study was to compare the incidence of hypoxemia after rocuronium or succinylcholine in critically ill patients requiring an emergent RSI...
- Human factors affect the quality of cardiopulmonary resuscitation in simulated cardiac arrestsStephan C U Marsch
Medical Intensive Care Unit, University of Basel, Kantonsspital, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Resuscitation 60:51-6. 2004..The aim of the study was to determine whether and how human factors affect the quality of cardiopulmonary resuscitation...
- 0.5% versus 1.0% 2-chloroprocaine for intravenous regional anesthesia: a prospective, randomized, double-blind trialStephan C Marsch
Department of Anesthesia, Krankenhaus Thusis, Thusis, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 98:1789-93, table of contents. 2004..These beneficial effects must be weighed against a fourfold increase in signs of systemic local anesthetic toxicity...
- Rocuronium versus succinylcholine for rapid sequence induction of anesthesia and endotracheal intubation: a prospective, randomized trial in emergent casesMathias Sluga
Department of Anesthesia, Krankenhaus Thusis, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 101:1356-61. 2005..We conclude that during rapid sequence induction of anesthesia in emergent cases, succinylcholine allows for a more rapid endotracheal intubation sequence and creates superior intubation conditions compared with rocuronium...
- Incidence, risk factors, and outcome of aspiration pneumonitis in ICU overdose patientsAndreas Christ
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Basel, University Hospital, Petersgraben 4, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Intensive Care Med 32:1423-7. 2006..Moreover, aspiration pneumonitis is associated with a higher incidence of cardiac arrest and increased ICU and total in-hospital stay...
- Hands-on time during cardiopulmonary resuscitation is affected by the process of teambuilding: a prospective randomised simulator-based trialSabina Hunziker
Medical Intensive Care Unit, University of Basel, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
BMC Emerg Med 9:3. 2009....
- Noninvasive central venous pressure measurement by controlled compression sonography at the forearmChristoph Thalhammer
Department of Vascular Medicine, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:1584-9. 2007..We sought to validate a new noninvasive technique to determine central venous pressure (CVP) using high-resolution compression sonography...
- Interleukin-6-deficient mice resist development of autoimmune myocarditis associated with impaired upregulation of complement C3Urs Eriksson
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical ICU, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Circulation 107:320-5. 2003..Interleukin (IL)-6 regulates various aspects of the immune response. In the context of heart diseases, it has been recognized as a prognostic factor for dilated cardiomyopathy, which often results from myocarditis...
- Inter-rater reliability of the Full Outline of UnResponsiveness score and the Glasgow Coma Scale in critically ill patients: a prospective observational studyMichael Fischer
Department of Medical Intensive Care, University Hospital, Spitalstrasse, Basel, Switzerland
Crit Care 14:R64. 2010..A further aim was to compare the inter-rater reliability of neurologists with that of intensive care unit (ICU) staff...
- Performance of first responders in simulated cardiac arrestsStephan C U Marsch
Medical Intensive Care Unit, University of Basel, Switzerland
Crit Care Med 33:963-7. 2005..The early availability of a physician increased the number of countershocks administered. Self-reporting is unsuitable to reliably assess the quality of cardiopulmonary resuscitation...