Giovanna A Lurati Buse
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Randomized comparison of sevoflurane versus propofol to reduce perioperative myocardial ischemia in patients undergoing noncardiac surgeryGiovanna A L Lurati Buse
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Circulation 126:2696-704. 2012..Volatile anesthetics provide myocardial preconditioning in coronary surgery patients. We hypothesized that sevoflurane compared with propofol reduces the incidence of myocardial ischemia in patients undergoing major noncardiac surgery...
- Impact of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guidelines for interpretability of continuous electrocardiography on the association of silent ischemia with troponin release after major noncardiac surgeryGiovanna A Lurati Buse
Department of Anesthesia, University of Basel, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Electrocardiol 42:455-461.e1. 2009..These criteria consider medication and 12-lead ECG findings (medication- and 12-lead ECG-based criteria) and cECG lead characteristics (cECG-based criteria)...
- The predictive value of preoperative natriuretic peptide concentrations in adults undergoing surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysisGiovanna A Lurati Buse
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21CH 4031, Basel, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 112:1019-33. 2011..We conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis of studies addressing preoperative NP levels to predict mortality after cardiac and noncardiac surgery...
- 12-month outcome after cardiac surgery: prediction by troponin T in combination with the European system for cardiac operative risk evaluationGiovanna A Lurati Buse
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Ann Thorac Surg 88:1806-12. 2009..We aimed to assess the value of troponin T to predict 12-month outcome after cardiac surgery, as a single predictor and in combination with the European system for cardiac operative risk evaluation (EuroSCORE)...
- The prognostic value of troponin release after adult cardiac surgery - a meta-analysisGiovanna A Lurati Buse
Department of Anaesthesia, University Hospital Basel, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 37:399-406. 2010..However, differences in populations, timing of Tn testing, Tn subunit and Tn assays make definitive conclusions about effect size and cut-off values difficult...
- Rivastigmine for the prevention of postoperative delirium in elderly patients undergoing elective cardiac surgery--a randomized controlled trialMelanie Gamberini
Department of Anesthesia, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Crit Care Med 37:1762-8. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that prophylactic short-term administration of oral rivastigmine, a cholinesterase inhibitor, reduces the incidence of delirium in elderly patients during the first 6 days after elective cardiac surgery...