Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Bern
- The ligands of CXC chemokine receptor 3, I-TAC, Mig, and IP10, are natural antagonists for CCR3P Loetscher
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, P O Box 99, CH 3000 Bern 9, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 276:2986-91. 2001..These results suggest that chemokines that attract Th1 cells via CXCR3 can concomitantly block the migration of Th2 cells in response to CCR3 ligands, thus enhancing the polarization of T cell recruitment...
- Agonistic and antagonistic activities of chemokinesP Loetscher
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Leukoc Biol 69:881-4. 2001..These observations suggest a new mechanism for the regulation of leukocyte recruitment during inflammatory and immune reactions, which are based on the combination of agonistic and antagonistic effects...
- Homing chemokines in rheumatoid arthritisPius Loetscher
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, Switzerland
Arthritis Res 4:233-6. 2002..Here, we comment on recent studies highlighting the importance of chemokines in rheumatoid arthritis, in particular of B-cell-activating chemokine-1 in lymphoid neogenesis in the inflamed synovium...
- A skin-selective homing mechanism for human immune surveillance T cellsPatrick Schaerli
Theodor-Kocher Institute, University of Bern, P.O. Box 99, CH-3000 Bern 9, Switzerland
J Exp Med 199:1265-75. 2004..For the first time, these findings define a chemokine system for homeostatic T cell traffic in normal human skin...
- Chemokines: multiple levels of leukocyte migration controlBernhard Moser
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, Freiestrasse 1, CH 3012 Bern, Switzerland
Trends Immunol 25:75-84. 2004....
- Rho kinase is required for CCR7-mediated polarization and chemotaxis of T lymphocytesGiuseppe Bardi
Theodor Kocher Institute, P O Box, CH 3000 9 Bern, Switzerland
FEBS Lett 542:79-83. 2003..This study indicates an important role of Rho kinase in CCR7-mediated polarization and migration of T lymphocytes, whereas ERK-2 is not involved in these processes...
- CXCR5(+) T cells: follicular homing takes center stage in T-helper-cell responsesBernhard Moser
Theodor-Kocher Institute, University of Bern, Freiestrasse 1, 3000 Bern 9, Switzerland
Trends Immunol 23:250-4. 2002
- Structure-function relationship between the human chemokine receptor CXCR3 and its ligandsIan Clark-Lewis
Biomedical Research Centre and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:289-95. 2003..Structure-activity studies with Mig showed that the extended basic COOH-terminal region, which is not present in I-TAC and IP10, is important for binding and activity...
- Human polymorphonuclear neutrophils are recruited by porcine chemokines acting on CXC chemokine receptor 2, and platelet-activating factorUrs O Gilli
Laboratory for Transplantation Immunology, Department for Internal Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Transplantation 79:1324-31. 2005..Since little is known about the initiation of PMN recruitment, the present study investigated whether activated porcine endothelial cells (EC) release factors that induce human PMN recruitment...
- Novel CCR1 antagonists with oral activity in the mouse collagen induced arthritisLaszlo Revesz
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Global Discovery Chemistry, Autoimmunity and Transplantation, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:5160-4. 2005..Cinnamides as novel CCR1 antagonist chemotypes are described with high affinity to human and rodent receptors. A1B1 and A4B7 showed oral activity in the mouse collagen induced arthritis...
- A randomized controlled trial with an anti-CCL2 (anti-monocyte chemotactic protein 1) monoclonal antibody in patients with rheumatoid arthritisJasper J Haringman
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 54:2387-92. 2006..The results might be related to the greatly increased level of total CCL2/MCP-1 in serum that was observed following treatment with ABN912. This observation may be relevant for a variety of antibody-based therapies...
- The role of interstitial macrophages in nephropathy of type 2 diabetic db/db miceVolha Ninichuk
Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen Innenstadt, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Am J Pathol 170:1267-76. 2007..These data identify oral treatment with the CCR1 antagonist BL5923 as a potential therapy for late-stage diabetic nephropathy...