Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Surgical operability of patients with locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)]D Lardinois
Klinik für Thoraxchirurgie, Universitatsspital Basel
Ther Umsch 69:411-9. 2012..Local advanced NSCLC should only be treated in reference centres. Only in such centres, the interdisciplinary approach and the optimal therapy can be guaranteed with a minimal morbidity and mortality...
- Cytokine & chemokine response in the lungs, pleural fluid and serum in thoracic surgery using one-lung ventilationAndreas Breunig
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
J Inflamm (Lond) 8:32. 2011..abstract:..
- Pre- and intra-operative mediastinal staging in non-small-cell lung cancerDidier Lardinois
Universitatsspital Basel, Klinik für Thoraxchirurgie, Departement Chirurgie, Spitalstrasse 21, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 141:w13168. 2011..Lobe-specific systematic nodal dissection is acceptable for peripheral squamous T1 tumours, if hilar and interlobar nodes are negative on frozen section studies...
- Lung resection in hematologic patients with pulmonary invasive fungal diseaseChristian A Nebiker
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Chest 142:988-95. 2012..Pulmonary invasive fungal disease is a frequent complication in patients with hematologic malignancies. Surgical resection in addition to antifungal therapy is an option for selected cases but often feared because of immunosuppression...
- Contralateral recurrence of a malignant solitary fibrous tumor of the pleuraHenry Hoffmann
Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 12:306-7. 2011..Therefore, contralateral recurrence of malignant SFTP should be considered in the postoperative follow-up even years after complete resection...
- Rat mesothelioma cell proliferation requires p38δ mitogen activated protein kinase and C/EBP-αJun Zhong
Pulmonary Cell Research, Department Biomedicine, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Lung Cancer 73:166-70. 2011..From this rat model, we conclude that in pleural mesothelioma, p38δ in C/EBP-α mediate proliferation and thus may represent new targets in mesothelioma therapy...