Affiliation: University Hospital
- Fixed low-dose ultrasound-assisted catheter-directed thrombolysis followed by routine stenting of residual stenosis for acute ilio-femoral deep-vein thrombosisRolf P Engelberger
Prof Dr Nils Kucher, Director Venous Thromboembolism Research Group, Clinics for Angiology and Cardiology, Swiss Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland, Tel 41 31 632 54 39, Fax 41 31 632 43 80, E mail
Thromb Haemost 111:1153-60. 2014..In conclusion, a fixed-dose USAT regimen followed by routine stenting of underlying venous stenosis in patients with ilio-femoral DVT was associated with a low bleeding rate, high patency rates, and a low incidence of PTS. ..
- Use of biomarkers or echocardiography in pulmonary embolism: the Swiss Venous Thromboembolism RegistryD Spirk
Medical Department, sanofi aventis suisse sa, Meyrin 1217, Switzerland
QJM 105:1163-9. 2012....
- Long-term anticoagulation treatment for acute venous thromboembolism in patients with and without cancer. The SWIss Venous ThromboEmbolism Registry (SWIVTER) IID Spirk
Division of Vascular Medicine, Swiss Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Thromb Haemost 105:962-7. 2011..The low rates of long-term anticoagulation in cancer patients with a first episode of VTE and in patients with non-metastatic cancer require particular attention...
- Cardiac troponin testing and the simplified Pulmonary Embolism Severity Index. The SWIss Venous ThromboEmbolism Registry (SWIVTER)D Spirk
Medical Affairs, Sanofi Aventis, Meyrin, Switzerland
Thromb Haemost 106:978-84. 2011..63, 95% CI 0.57-0.68) (p=0.023). In conclusion, although cardiac troponin testing may not be required in patients with a low sPESI, it adds prognostic value for early death and recurrence for patients with a high sPESI...
- Predictors of thromboprophylaxis in hospitalised medical patients. Explicit ASsessment of Thromboembolic RIsk and Prophylaxis for Medical PATients in SwitzErland (ESTIMATE)D Spirk
Nils Kucher, MD, Division of Vascular Medicine, Swiss Cardiovascular Center, Bern University Hospital, 3010 Bern, Switzerland, Tel 41 31 632 7963, Fax 41 31 632 4380, E mail
Thromb Haemost 113:1127-34. 2015..The use of thromboprophylaxis among low-risk patients was inconsistent, without clearly identifiable predictors, and should be addressed in further research. ..
- Multicentre validation of the Geneva Risk Score for hospitalised medical patients at risk of venous thromboembolism. Explicit ASsessment of Thromboembolic RIsk and Prophylaxis for Medical PATients in SwitzErland (ESTIMATE)M Nendaz
Nils Kucher, MD, Division of Vascular Medicine, Swiss Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland, Tel 41 31 632 7963, Fax 41 31 632 4380, E mail
Thromb Haemost 111:531-8. 2014....
- Accuracy of D-dimer/fibrinogen ratio to predict pulmonary embolism: a prospective diagnostic studyN Kucher
Cardiology, Swiss Cardiovascular Center Bern, Department of Emergency Medicine, University Hospital Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Thromb Haemost 1:708-13. 2003..D/F ratio >103 is highly specific for the presence of acute PE, and causes a doubling of the diagnostic rate compared with d-dimer testing alone...
- Diurnal changes of lower leg volume in obese and non-obese subjectsR P Engelberger
Division of Clinical and Interventional Angiology, Swiss Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Int J Obes (Lond) 38:801-5. 2014..However, the mechanisms behind this association are poorly understood. We tested the hypothesis that obese subjects have a higher diurnal leg volume increase compared with non-obese subjects...
- Novel management strategy for patients with suspected pulmonary embolismN Kucher
Cardiology, Swiss Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital, CH 3010, Bern, Switzerland
Eur Heart J 24:366-76. 2003..A simple management strategy is required for patients with acute pulmonary embolism which allows a rapid and reliable diagnosis in order to start timely and appropriate treatment...