Affiliation: University Hospital
- Antiretroviral drug-related liver mortality among HIV-positive persons in the absence of hepatitis B or C virus coinfection: the data collection on adverse events of anti-HIV drugs studyHelen Kovari
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital Zurich, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 56:870-9. 2013..Most of these deaths are due to hepatitis C (HCV) or B (HBV) virus coinfections. Little is known about other causes. Prolonged exposure to some antiretroviral drugs might increase hepatic mortality...
- [Antimicrobial resistance among E. coli in urinary specimens: prevalence data from three laboratories in Zurich between 1985 and 2010]F Savaria
Klinik für Infektionskrankheiten und Spitalhygiene, Universitat Zurich, Universitatsspital Zurich, Zurich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 101:573-9. 2012..Nitrofurantoin and Fosfomycin are an appropriate choice. Microbiological testing is advised...
- Influence of antiretroviral therapy on liver diseaseHelen Kovari
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 6:272-7. 2011....
- Pulmonary toxoplasmosis, a rare but severe manifestation of a common opportunistic infection in late HIV presenters: report of two casesH Kovari
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital Zurich, University of Zurich, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Infection 38:141-4. 2010..In both patients, early diagnosis and therapy led to a favourable outcome. Pulmonary toxoplasmosis should be considered in the differential diagnosis in potentially HIV-infected patients with respiratory symptoms...
- Incidence and risk factors for chronic elevation of alanine aminotransferase levels in HIV-infected persons without hepatitis b or c virus co-infectionHelen Kovari
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 50:502-11. 2010..Chronic liver disease in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients is mostly caused by hepatitis virus co-infection. Other reasons for chronic alanine aminotransferase (ALT) elevation are more difficult to diagnose...
- Association of noncirrhotic portal hypertension in HIV-infected persons and antiretroviral therapy with didanosine: a nested case-control studyHelen Kovari
Divisions of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital, Zurich CH 8091, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 49:626-35. 2009..Postulated pathogenesis includes prolonged exposure to antiretroviral therapy, particularly didanosine...
- The role of migration and domestic transmission in the spread of HIV-1 non-B subtypes in SwitzerlandViktor von Wyl
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
J Infect Dis 204:1095-103. 2011..By analyzing human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) pol sequences from the Swiss HIV Cohort Study (SHCS), we explored whether the prevalence of non-B subtypes reflects domestic transmission or migration patterns...
- Frequency and determinants of unprotected sex among HIV-infected persons: the Swiss HIV cohort studyBarbara Hasse
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital Zurich and University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 51:1314-22. 2010..We studied the frequency, changes over time, and determinants of unprotected sex among HIV-positive persons...
- Replicative phenotyping adds value to genotypic resistance testing in heavily pre-treated HIV-infected individuals--the Swiss HIV Cohort StudyJan Fehr
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital of Basel, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Transl Med 9:14. 2011..The aim was to investigate whether the addition of rPRT to genotypic resistance testing (GRT) compared to GRT alone is beneficial for obtaining a virological response in heavily pre-treated HIV-infected patients...
- High specificity of line-immunoassay based algorithms for recent HIV-1 infection independent of viral subtype and stage of diseaseJorg Schupbach
University of Zurich, Institute of Medical Virology, Swiss National Center for Retroviruses, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Infect Dis 11:254. 2011..Here, we sought to further investigate the diagnostic specificity of various Inno-Lia algorithms and to identify factors affecting it...
- Systemic antibody responses to gut commensal bacteria during chronic HIV-1 infectionAnna Haas
Institute of Microbiology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Gut 60:1506-19. 2011..The mechanisms underlying B cell hyperactivation and the specificities of the resulting hypergammaglobulinaemia are only poorly understood...