Ruud H Knols
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Physical exercise in cancer patients during and after medical treatment: a systematic review of randomized and controlled clinical trialsRuud Knols
Department of Rheumatology and Institute of Physical Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Gloriastrasse 25, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 23:3830-42. 2005....
- Reliability of ambulatory walking activity in patients with hematologic malignanciesRuud H Knols
Department of Rheumatology and Institute of Physical Medicine, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 90:58-65. 2009....
- Effects of an outpatient physical exercise program on hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation recipients: a randomized clinical trialR H Knols
Department of Rheumatology and Institute of Physical Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:1245-55. 2011..Further research is needed to determine how the program can be enhanced so that improved physical performance also translates into improved physical and psychosocial functioning in daily life...
- Hand-held dynamometry in patients with haematological malignancies: measurement error in the clinical assessment of knee extension strengthRuud H Knols
Department of Rheumatology and Institute of Physical Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:31. 2009..This study aimed to determine the relative and absolute reliability of intra and inter-observer strength measurements with a hand-held dynamometer (HHD)...
- The relationship between ambulatory step activity, self-reported physical functioning and standardised timed walking in patients with haematological malignanciesRuud H Knols
Department of Rheumatology and Institute of Physical Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Gloriastrasse 25, Zurich 8091, Switzerland
Disabil Rehabil 32:1819-26. 2010..Simple linear regression analyses were performed to estimate the ambulatory step activity from SRPF and the 6-MWT...
- Physical activity interventions to improve daily walking activity in cancer survivorsRuud H Knols
Institute of Human Movement Sciences and Sport, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Cancer 10:406. 2010..A systematic review was performed to summarize the current evidence of the effect of physical activity interventions on daily walking activity enhancement in cancer survivors, and to review the literature for its methodological quality...
- Isometric strength measurement for muscle weakness in cancer patients: reproducibility of isometric muscle strength measurements with a hand-held pull-gauge dynamometer in cancer patientsRuud H Knols
Department of Rheumatology and Institute of Physical Medicine, U Ost 154, University Hospital of Zurich, Gloriastrasse 25, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Support Care Cancer 10:430-8. 2002..e. the SEM and the SDD, showed relatively large measurement error between the testers. Therefore, the current use of the MFB50K for the measurement of muscle strength is not supported in cancer patients...
- Gap between short- and long-term effects of patient education in rheumatoid arthritis patients: a systematic reviewKarin Niedermann
Department of Rheumatology and Institute for Physical Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Arthritis Rheum 51:388-98. 2004..To systematically review educational or psychoeducational interventions for patients with rheumatoid arthritis focusing on long-term effects, especially health status...
- Effects of cardiovascular exercise early after stroke: systematic review and meta-analysisOliver Stoller
Institute for Rehabilitation and Performance Technology, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Burgdorf, Switzerland
BMC Neurol 12:45. 2012..Currently, little is known about the effects of early cardiovascular exercise in stroke survivors. The aim of this systematic review was to evaluate the effectiveness of cardiovascular exercise early after stroke...