Ch H Kindler
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Localization of the tandem pore domain K+ channel TASK-1 in the rat central nervous systemC H Kindler
Department of Anesthesia, University of Basel, Kantonsspital, Switzerland
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 80:99-108. 2000..These findings suggest a role for the TASK-1 channel in the production of cerebrospinal fluid and function of hypothalamic neurosecretory cells...
- Two-pore domain potassium channels: new sites of local anesthetic action and toxicityChristoph H Kindler
Department of Anesthesia, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Reg Anesth Pain Med 30:260-74. 2005....
- Amide local anesthetics potently inhibit the human tandem pore domain background K+ channel TASK-2 (KCNK5)Christoph H Kindler
Attending Physician, Department of Anesthesia, University Clinics, Kantonsspital, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 306:84-92. 2003..These results show that clinically achievable concentrations of local anesthetics inhibit background K+ channel function and may thereby enhance conduction blockade...
- [The patients' perception of the anaesthetist in a Swiss university hospital]C H Kindler
Dep Anästhesie, Universitätskliniken Basel, Switzerland
Anaesthesist 51:890-6. 2002..The study included patients ( n=685) who underwent elective operations in all surgical subspecialties at the University Hospital of Basel...
- [Mechanisms of action of inhalation anesthesia: from Meyer-Overton into the new millenium]Ch H Kindler
Departement Anästhesie, Universitätskliniken Basel, Kantonsspital, Basel
Praxis (Bern 1994) 91:920-4. 2002
- The differential effect of halothane and 1,2-dichlorohexafluorocyclobutane on in vitro muscle contractures of patients susceptible to malignant hyperthermiaChristoph H Kindler
Department of Anesthesia, University of Basel, Kantonsspital, Basel, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 94:1028-33, table of contents. 2002..13 g [0.04-0.31 g] vs 1.95 g [1.60-4.70 g], median values and ranges; P = 0.004). Halothane and 2N differ in their effects on muscle contractures of MHS individuals, possibly because of a differing action on MH RY1...
- Characterization of the interactions between volatile anesthetics and neuromuscular blockers at the muscle nicotinic acetylcholine receptorMatthias Paul
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Anesth Analg 95:362-7, table of contents. 2002..Volatile anesthetics increase the potency of NDMRs, possibly by enhancing antagonist affinity at the receptor site. This effect may contribute to the clinically observable enhancement of neuromuscular blockade by volatile anesthetics...
- Localization of the tandem pore domain K+ channel KCNK5 (TASK-2) in the rat central nervous systemAnja Gabriel
Department of Anesthesia and Operative Intensive Care Medicine, University of Koln, 50924, Koln, Germany
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 98:153-63. 2002..These results suggest a possible involvement of TASK-2 in central mechanisms for controlling cell excitability and in peripheral signal transduction...
- Species-specific differences in response to anesthetics and other modulators by the K2P channel TRESKBharat Keshavaprasad
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, Room s 261, Box 0542, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Anesth Analg 101:1042-9, table of contents. 2005..These results identified interspecies differences and similarities in the pharmacology of TRESK. Further characterization of TRESK expression patterns is needed to understand their role in anesthetic mechanisms...
- Antiemetics of the 5-hydroxytryptamine 3A antagonist class inhibit muscle nicotinic acetylcholine receptorsMatthias Paul
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, 513 Parnassus Ave, Room s 261, Box 0542, San Francisco, CA 94143 0542, USA
Anesth Analg 101:715-21, table of contents. 2005..These results indicate that drugs that target specific ligand-gated ion channels may also affect other ion channel types...
- Sevoflurane decreases bispectral index values more than does halothane at equal MAC multiplesHildebrand S Schwab
Department of Anesthesia, University Clinics Basel, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 99:1723-7, table of contents. 2004..0001). This finding adds to other evidence indicating that BIS is drug specific...
- Preoperative visits in anesthesia: communication patterns and sequences: application of an explorative analysisMatthias Nuebling
Empirical Consulting, Freiburg, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 54:379-81. 2004
- Small-dose intrathecal clonidine and isobaric bupivacaine for orthopedic surgery: a dose-response studyStephan Strebel
Department of Anesthesia, University Clinics, Kantonsspital, Basel, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 99:1231-8, table of contents. 2004....
- Citation classics in anesthetic journalsAnja Baltussen
Department of Anesthesia, University Clinics Basel, Kantonsspital, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 98:443-51, table of contents. 2004..This analysis of citation rates allows for the recognition of seminal advances in anesthesia and gives a historic perspective on the scientific progress of this specialty...
- Genomic structure, cochlear expression, and mutation screening of KCNK6, a candidate gene for DFNA4Anand N Mhatre
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Epstein Laboratories, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Neurosci Res 75:25-31. 2004....
- Active research fields in anesthesia: a document co-citation analysis of the anesthetic literatureMilan P Jankovic
Department of Anesthesia, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 106:1524-33, table of contents. 2008..In this study, we used methods of scientometric analysis to obtain a conceptual network that forms the structure of active scientific research fields in anesthesia...