Affiliation: University Hospital
- The stress hormone copeptin: a new prognostic biomarker in acute illnessM Katan
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, 4031 Basel, CH
Swiss Med Wkly 140:w13101. 2010..Future intervention studies must prove the value of copeptin in clinical decision making and in improving the overall medical management of patients with acute illnesses...
- Copeptin, a stable peptide derived from the vasopressin precursor, correlates with the individual stress levelMira Katan
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 29:341-6. 2008..Copeptin is a more stable peptide stoichiometrically released from the same precursor molecule. The aim of our study was to compare copeptin and cortisol levels in different stress situations...
- Midregional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide and outcome in patients with acute ischemic strokeMira Katan
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:1045-53. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine the prognostic value of midregional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide (MR-proANP) in patients with acute ischemic stroke...
- Copeptin adds prognostic information after ischemic stroke: results from the CoRisk studyGian Marco De Marchis
Department of Neurology, Neuroradiology, and Clinical Chemistry, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland
Neurology 80:1278-86. 2013..To evaluate and validate the incremental value of copeptin in the prediction of outcome and complications as compared with established clinical variables...
- Copeptin: a novel, independent prognostic marker in patients with ischemic strokeMira Katan
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Ann Neurol 66:799-808. 2009..Vasopressin is a stress hormone. Its production rate is mirrored in circulating levels of copeptin, a fragment of provasopressin. We evaluated the prognostic value of copeptin in acute stroke patients...
- Mannose-binding lectin deficiency is associated with smaller infarction size and favorable outcome in ischemic stroke patientsMichael Osthoff
Laboratory of Clinical Immunology, Department of Biomedicine and Clinic for Internal Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e21338. 2011....
- Copeptin, procalcitonin and routine inflammatory markers-predictors of infection after strokeFelix Fluri
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e48309. 2012..Early predictors for the development of stroke-associated infection may identify patients at high risk and reduce post-stroke infection and mortality...
- Prognostic value of dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate and other parameters of adrenal function in acute ischemic strokeClaudine A Blum
Department of Endocrinology, Medical University Clinic, Cantonal Hospital, Aarau, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 8:e63224. 2013..Acute stroke has a high morbidity and mortality. We evaluated the predictive value of adrenal function testing in acute ischemic stroke...
- Copeptin and risk stratification in patients with ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack: the CoRisk studyGian Marco De Marchis
Department of Neurology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Int J Stroke 8:214-8. 2013..In patients with transient ischemic attack, elevated copeptin values indicate an increased risk of further cerebrovascular events...
- Copeptin is associated with mortality and outcome in patients with acute intracerebral hemorrhageChristian Zweifel
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
BMC Neurol 10:34. 2010..Copeptin, the C-terminal part of provasopressin, has emerged as a new prognostic marker in a variety of diseases, but its prognostic value in ICH is unknown...
- The use of copeptin, the stable peptide of the vasopressin precursor, in the differential diagnosis of sodium imbalance in patients with acute diseasesNicole Nigro
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, CH, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 141:w13270. 2011..This study assessed copeptin concentrations in sick patients with serum sodium imbalance of different aetiology on admission to the emergency department...
- Isolated insular strokes and plasma MR-proANP levels are associated with newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation: a pilot studyKarl Frontzek
Institute of Neuropathology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 9:e92421. 2014..In this study, we assessed the relationship of insular strokes and plasma MR-proANP levels with newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation (NDAF)...
- Transient ischemic attack versus transient ischemic attack mimics: frequency, clinical characteristics and outcomeMargareth Amort
Stroke Unit and Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Cerebrovasc Dis 32:57-64. 2011..There is insufficient evidence regarding which clinical features are best suited to distinguish between transient ischemic attack (TIA) and disorders mimicking TIA (TIA mimics)...
- Copeptin: a new and promising diagnostic and prognostic markerMira Katan
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Crit Care 12:117. 2008..Furthermore, vasopressin is an important hormone in salt and volume regulation. In this context, copeptin is also a diagnostic marker in patients with diabetes insipidus and in patients with disordered water states...
- Anterior and posterior pituitary function testing with simultaneous insulin tolerance test and a novel copeptin assayMira Katan
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospitals, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2640-3. 2007..However, AVP measurement is cumbersome. Copeptin, the stable C-terminal glycopeptide of the AVP prohormone, is stoichiometrically secreted from the posterior pituitary...