Affiliation: University Hospital
- Newly diagnosed unprovoked epileptic seizures: presentation at diagnosis in CAROLE study. Coordination Active du Réseau Observatoire Longitudinal de l' EpilepsieP Jallon
Fondation Française pour la Recherche sur l Epilepsie, Paris
Epilepsia 42:464-75. 2001..We describe first unprovoked seizures and newly diagnosed epilepsies at initial presentation, with a special emphasis on epilepsy syndromes, in a large cohort recruited in the mid-1990s in France...
- Bodyweight gain and anticonvulsants: a comparative reviewP Jallon
Epilepsy Unit, Hopital Cantonal, Geneva, Switzerland
Drug Saf 24:969-78. 2001..Many studies on anticonvulsant-associated bodyweight gain illustrate how we could better define the risk factors for the development of anticonvulsant-induced bodyweight gain and uncover the mechanisms behind it...
- Epidemiology of idiopathic generalized epilepsiesPierre Jallon
Epilepsy and EEG Unit, University Hospital, CH 1211, Geneva 14, Switzerland
Epilepsia 46:10-4. 2005..When the term idiopathic is used following the restrictive ILAE criteria, the mortality data concerning patients with idiopathic epilepsies do not show an increased standardized mortality ratio...
- Epilepsy and epileptic disorders, an epidemiological marker? Contribution of descriptive epidemiologyPierre Jallon
Epilepsy and EEG Unit, University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland
Epileptic Disord 4:1-13. 2002..it is observed in every country but is not an equally distributed disease. Epileptic seizures and epilepsy might be considered as an epidemiological marker of some endemo-epidemic diseases or the results of certain preventive measures...
- Mortality in patients with epilepsyPierre Jallon
Epilepsy Unit, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Curr Opin Neurol 17:141-6. 2004..Standardized mortality ratios in these populations range from 1.6 to 5.3, but they tend to be higher in studies in selected populations...
- [Epidemiology of drug-resistant epilepsies]P Jallon
Unité d EEG et d Epileptologie, clinique Genève, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Rev Neurol (Paris) 160:5S22-30. 2004..To evaluate the incidence and the prevalence of drug-resistant epilepsies and risk factors in relation with this condition...
- Is benign myoclonic epilepsy of infancy truly idiopathic and generalized?Christian M Korff
Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Subspecialties Service, Child and Adolescent Department, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Epileptic Disord 11:132-5. 2009..Published with video sequences]...
- [Management of status epilepticus in intensive care]Deborah Pugin
Service des soins intensifs de médecine, HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 1:2918-21, 2923-5. 2005..Therefore, SE must be treated as soon as possible. The management, beyond a rapid and accurate diagnosis, must include the identification of the cause of SE, whereas seizures must be rapidly stopped...
- Levetiracetam accumulation in renal failure causing myoclonic encephalopathy with triphasic wavesSerge Vulliemoz
EEG and Epilepsy Unit, University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine of Geneva, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Seizure 18:376-8. 2009..In cases of metabolic encephalopathy with triphasic waves in a patient with renal failure taking levetiracetam, it is important to exclude toxic accumulation of levetiracetam among other causes...
- Subcortical nuclei volumetry in idiopathic generalized epilepsyMargitta Seeck
Presurgical Epilepsy Evaluation Unit, Functional Neurology and Neurosurgery Program of the University Hospitals Lausanne and Geneva, Switzerland
Epilepsia 46:1642-5. 2005..In this study, we sought to determine the volumes of the other subcortical structures...
- Is the first seizure truly epileptic?Stephen Perrig
Epilepsy and EEG Unit, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Epilepsia 49:2-7. 2008....
- Episousse: incidence of newly presenting seizures in children in the Region of Sousse, TunisiaMohamed Dogui
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles du Système Nerveux CHU Sahloul, Sousse, Tunisia
Epilepsia 44:1441-4. 2003..To evaluate the incidence of newly presenting seizures in children in the area of Sousse, Tunisia...
- Mortality after a first episode of status epilepticus in the United States and EuropeGiancarlo Logroscino
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Epilepsia 46:46-8. 2005..The aim of this review is to summarize the available information on the epidemiology of SE and to outline the sources of the variability in reported mortality after SE...
- [Medications, epileptic crises, and epilepsy]Pierre Jallon
Unité d épileptologie clinique et d electroencéphalographie Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève 1211, Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse Romande 123:11-5. 2003..A better knowledge of the spectrum of drugs that cause seizures or interfere with antiepileptic drugs metabolism is important for evaluation of appropriate treatment options and for guiding the choice of rational therapeutic procedures...
- Survey of public awareness, attitudes, and understanding toward epilepsy in Nhan Chinh, Hanoi, Vietnam, in 2003Quang Cuong Le
Department of Neurology, Hanoi University of Medicine, Ton That Tung Street, Dong da, Hanoi, Viet Nam
Epilepsy Behav 8:176-80. 2006..The aim of this study is to characterize public awareness of attitudes toward and understanding of epilepsy in a Vietnamese community and to compare results with those obtained in other cultures...
- [Pseudoperiodic and paroxysmal electroencephalographic activities]Anne Catherine Dunand
Neurophysiol Clin 32:2-37. 2002..The principal etiology is cerebro-vascular disease and herpes encephalitis but it has also been reported in several other neurological diseases...