Affiliation: University Hospital
- Acroparesthesia and acral arterial occlusions as first manifestations of essential thrombocythemiaM J Husmann
Department of Internal Medicine, Divisions of Angiology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Vasa 34:53-6. 2005..After exclusion of cardial or vascular sources of embolism by utrasonography bone marrow aspirate and biopsy supported the diagnosis of essential thrombocythemia...
- Integrity of venoarteriolar reflex determines level of microvascular skin flow enhancement with intermittent pneumatic compressionMarc Husmann
Divison of Angiology, University Hospital Bern Division of Angiology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Vasc Surg 48:1509-13. 2008....
- Successful lower extremity angioplasty improves brachial artery flow-mediated dilation in patients with peripheral arterial diseaseMarc Husmann
Cardiovascular Department, Division of Clinical and Interventional Angiology, University Hospital Berne and University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
J Vasc Surg 48:1211-6. 2008..We assumed that endovascular revascularization of lower limb arterial obstructions ameliorates FMD and lowers inflammation through improvement of peripheral perfusion...
- Therapeutical potential of direct thrombin inhibitors for atherosclerotic vascular diseaseMarc Husmann
University Hospital Berne, Cardiovascular Department, Division of Angiology, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 16:563-7. 2007....
- Stenting of common iliac vein obstructions combined with regional thrombolysis and thrombectomy in acute deep vein thrombosisM J Husmann
Swiss Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 34:87-91. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of stent placement after infrainguinal loco-regional thrombolysis and iliac thrombectomy (surgical TT) of acute deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in patients with May-Thurner-Syndrome...
- Long-term effects of endovascular angioplasty on orthostatic vasocutaneous autoregulation in patients with peripheral atherosclerosisMarc J Husmann
Cardiovascular Department, Division of Angiology, University Hospital Berne, Berne, Switzerland
J Vasc Surg 44:993-7. 2006..To test the hypothesis that endovascular revascularization of femoropopliteal lesions improves the impaired venoarteriolar response (VAR) in patients with atherosclerosis...
- Postural effects on interstitial fluid pressure in humansMarc J Husmann
Division of Angiology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Vasc Res 43:321-6. 2006..Here we describe the effect of postural changes on IFP in the skin of the foot using the minimally invasive servonulling technique...
- Impact of obesity on venous hemodynamics of the lower limbsTorsten Willenberg
Swiss Cardiovascular Centre, Division of Clinical and Interventional Angiology, University Hospital, Berne, Switzerland
J Vasc Surg 52:664-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare venous flow parameters of the lower limbs assessed by duplex ultrasound scanning in obese and nonobese individuals according to body mass index (BMI)...
- Bailout revascularization of chronic femoral artery occlusions with the new outback catheter following failed conventional endovascular interventionMarc Husmann
Cardiovascular Department, Clinical and Interventional Angiology, University Hospital Berne and University of Berne, Switzerland
J Endovasc Ther 16:206-12. 2009..To report the application of a true lumen re-entry device in the bailout treatment of chronic total occlusions (CTO) of the superficial femoral artery (SFA) after failed angioplasty...
- Pressure indices in peripheral arterial disease assessed by infrared photosensorsCharlotte Emler
1Clinic for Angiology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Angiology 64:93-7. 2013..Although toe-finger index is not exchangeable with standard Doppler, it will need further exploration to define its value for the diagnosis of PAD due to its excellent inter- and intrarater agreement...
- MR angiography of infrapopliteal arteries in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease by using Gadofosveset at 3.0 T: diagnostic accuracy compared with selective DSAHarald Marcel Bonel
Institute for Diagnostic, Interventional and Pediatric Radiology and Division of Angiology, Swiss Cardiovascular Center, University of Bern Inselspital, Freiburgstrasse 10, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Radiology 253:879-90. 2009....
- Predictive value of duplex ultrasound for restenosis after renal artery stentingChristoph Thalhammer
Clinic for Angiology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 45:217-24. 2010..Factors predicting renal function and recurrent stenosis following percutaneous renal revascularization are poorly identified. The predictive value of hemodynamic duplex ultrasound (DUS) parameters was evaluated...
- Severity of peripheral arterial disease is associated with aortic pressure augmentation and subendocardial viability ratioKathrin Mosimann
Clinic for Angiology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 14:855-60. 2012..036). Severity of lower limb perfusion impairment is related to central aortic pressure augmentation and to subendocardial viability ratio. This may be a potential pathophysiologic link that impacts cardiac prognosis in patients with PAD...
- Surgical or endovascular revascularization in patients with critical limb ischemia: influence of diabetes mellitus on clinical outcomeFlorian Dick
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery of the Swiss Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital, Berne, Switzerland
J Vasc Surg 45:751-61. 2007..This study assessed the efficacy of tailored endovascular-first vs surgical-first revascularization stratified for the presence of diabetes...
- Plasma Homocysteine is Not Related to the Severity of Microangiopathy in Secondary Raynaud PhenomenonVincenzo Jacomella
Clinic for Angiology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Open Rheumatol J 5:64-8. 2011..In secondary RP due to connective tissue disease specific alterations of nailfold capillaries might be present. An association between these microvascular changes and homocysteine has been suggested...
- Predictive value of auscultation of femoropopliteal arteriesCarla Kaufmann
Clinic for Angiology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 143:w13761. 2013....
- Carotid artery stenting: a single center "real world" experienceNazmi Krasniqi
Cardiology, Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e35300. 2012..However its role compared to carotid endarterectomy (CAD) remains questioned. We analysed the safety of carotid artery stenting program of a prospective CAS register program of a tertiary teaching hospital...
- Lymphatic clearance of the human skin in patients with acute deep vein thrombosis using a novel fluorescent techniqueM J Husmann
Division of Angiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Lymphology 39:127-31. 2006..0 +/- 4.1, p < 0.013). Intralymphatic pressure was not different between the two groups. These results indicate that lymphatic clearance is significantly reduced in the acute phase of deep venous thrombosis...
- Kissing-balloon angioplasty with a new low-profile catheter for the popliteal trifurcationMarc J Husmann
J Endovasc Ther 12:264-5. 2005
- Magnetic resonance angiography in infrapopliteal arterial disease: prospective comparison of 1.5 and 3 Tesla magnetic resonance imagingNicolas Diehm
Division of Angiology, Swiss Cardiovascular Center, Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Invest Radiol 42:467-76. 2007..5 Tesla (T) and 3 T magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) versus digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in the depiction of infrageniculate arteries in patients with symptomatic peripheral arterial disease...
- Intravascular ultrasound-guided creation of re-entry sites to improve intermittent claudication in patients with aortic dissectionMarc J Husmann
Department of Cardiovascular Department, Division of Angiology, University Hospital Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
J Endovasc Ther 13:424-8. 2006..To report percutaneous fenestration of aortic dissection flaps to relieve distal ischemia using a novel intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)-guided fenestration device...