Affiliation: University of Lausanne
- Rab17 localizes to recycling endosomes and regulates receptor-mediated transcytosis in epithelial cellsW Hunziker
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 273:15734-41. 1998..Our data provides morphological and biochemical evidence for a role of Rab17 in the regulation of transcellular traffic through apical recycling endosomes in epithelial cells...
- Epithelial transcytosis of immunoglobulinsW Hunziker
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, BIL Research Center, Epalinges, Switzerland
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 3:287-302. 1998....
- Connexin45 directly binds to ZO-1 and localizes to the tight junction region in epithelial MDCK cellsP J Kausalya
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Epithelial Cell Biology Laboratory, Singapore
FEBS Lett 505:92-6. 2001..e. Cx43 and Cx45) that can associate with ZO proteins indicate that ZO proteins may play a more general role in organizing gap junctions and/or in recruiting signaling molecules that regulate intercellular communication...
- Brefeldin A rapidly disrupts plasma membrane polarity by blocking polar sorting in common endosomes of MDCK cellsE Wang
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Cell Sci 114:3309-21. 2001....
- The tyrosinase tail mediates sorting to the lysosomal compartment in MDCK cells via a di-leucine and a tyrosine-based signalT Simmen
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 112:45-53. 1999..Correct sorting of tyrosinase-lysosome-associated membrane protein-1 chimeras is mediated by the interplay of a di-leucine signal and a tyrosine motif of the Y-X-X-O type...
- Expression pattern and localization of beta,beta-carotene 15,15'-dioxygenase in different tissuesA Wyss
F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Vitamins and Fine Chemicals Division, 4070 Basel, Switzerland
Biochem J 354:521-9. 2001..These new findings demonstrate that beta,beta-carotene 15,15'-dioxygenase is also expressed in epithelial structures, where it serves to provide the tissue-specific vitamin A supply...
- Overexpression of the human neonatal Fc-receptor alpha-chain in trophoblast-derived BeWo cells increases cellular retention of beta2-microglobulinI Ellinger
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Placenta 26:171-82. 2005..Flow cytometry revealed that beta2m plasma membrane expression was unaffected by alpha-chain overexpression whereas by fluorescence microscopy a preferential staining of beta2m in peripheral endosomes was observed...