Jean Paul Humair
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Efficacy of resident training in smoking cessation: a randomized, controlled trial of a program based on application of behavioral theory and practice with standardized patientsJacques Cornuz
Lausanne University Outpatient Clinic and Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, Lausanne, Switzerland
Ann Intern Med 136:429-37. 2002..New educational programs must be developed to improve physicians' skills and effectiveness in counseling patients about smoking cessation...
- Promoting influenza vaccination of elderly patients in primary careJean Paul Humair
Department of Community Medicine, Geneva University Hospital, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Fam Pract 19:383-9. 2002..Though influenza is a serious health problem for elderly people, their influenza vaccination rate remains low in Switzerland...
- A new curriculum using active learning methods and standardized patients to train residents in smoking cessationJean Paul Humair
Department of Community Medicine, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
J Gen Intern Med 18:1023-7. 2003..Participants reached learning objectives and appreciated the content and active methods of the program...
- Management of acute pharyngitis in adults: reliability of rapid streptococcal tests and clinical findingsJean Paul Humair
Medical Outpatient Clinic, Department of Community Medicine, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Arch Intern Med 166:640-4. 2006..How to use clinical score, the rapid streptococcal antigen test (RSAT), and culture results is uncertain for efficient management of acute pharyngitis in adults...
- [Smoking cessation in patients with mental disorders]J P Humair
Service de medecine de premier recours, Département de médecine communautaire et de premier recours, HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 5:1472-5. 2009..Research needs to further explore the link between smoking and mental health and develop effective interventions integrated in psychiatric care provided to smokers...
- Use of hormone replacement therapy by menopausal women: a comparison between primary care patients and the general populationArabelle Rieder Nakhlé
Policlinique de médecine, Département de médecine communautaire, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Geneva, Switzerland
Soz Praventivmed 50:238-44. 2005..To compare frequency and patterns of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) between primary care patients and the local community...
- Chickenpox in a Swiss prison: susceptibility, post-exposure vaccination and control measuresLaurent Getaz
Department of Community Medicine and Primary Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Scand J Infect Dis 42:936-40. 2010..Since the attack rate among susceptible household contacts is usually high, preventive measures such as vaccination and quarantine probably allowed containment of the spread of infection...
- How to fulfill residents' training needs and public service missions in outpatient general internal medicine? An observational pilot studyNoelle Junod Perrin
Division of Primary Care Medicine, Department of Community Medicine, Primary Care and Emergency Medicine, Geneva University Hospitals, 4 rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil, Geneva, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 142:w13620. 2012..It also gave insights into challenges to be addressed when disseminating a new curriculum, such as strong leadership, educational expertise and management skills and tools...
- Design, implementation and evaluation of a community health training program in an integrated problem-based medical curriculum: a fifteen-year experience at the University of Geneva Faculty of MedicinePhilippe Chastonay
Unit of Development and Research in Medical Education, University of Geneva Faculty of Medicine and Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Med Educ Online 17:16741. 2012..In this initiative a particular emphasis was put in introducing a 6-year longitudinal and multidisciplinary Community Health Program (CHP)...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of a European primary-care physician training in smoking cessation counselingChristophe Pinget
Health Technology Assessment Unit, Lausanne University Hospital, Switzerland
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:451-5. 2007....
- Youth smoking cessation: an update for primary care physiciansLeonie Chinet
Youth Clinic, Adolescent Health Program, University Hospitals of Geneva, Switzerland
Subst Use Misuse 41:1251-61. 2006..Finally, it provides recommendations for primary care physicians...