Affiliation: University Hospital
- A study of visual and auditory verbal working memory in schizophrenic patients compared to healthy subjectsP Huguelet
Dpartement de Psychiatrie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Chene Bourg, Switzerland
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 250:79-85. 2000..These results suggest a similar pattern of alteration of both modalities of verbal WM in schizophrenic patients. The implications of this finding are discussed...
- Stability of DSM-III-R diagnoses: study of a case registerP Huguelet
Departement de Psychiatrie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Chene Bourg, Switzerland
Psychopathology 34:118-22. 2001..Statistical analysis did not show any variable associated with change, apart from the diagnoses themselves. The reasons that could explain changes are discussed, as well as the clinical consequences of these shifts...
- Relationship between subjective cognitive symptoms and frontal executive abilities in chronic schizophrenic outpatientsA Zanello
Departement de Psychiatrie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Switzerland
Psychopathology 34:153-8. 2001..Also, subjective self-perceived basic symptoms and neurocognitive functioning may be unrelated, because these concepts are based on different theoretical backgrounds...
- [Long-term psychiatric consequences of carbon monoxide poisoning: a case report and literature review]L Borras
Consultation secteur Eaux Vives, division de psychiatrie adulte, Departement de Psychiatrie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 36, rue du XXXI Décembre, 1207 Genève, Suisse
Rev Med Interne 30:43-8. 2009..First and foremost prevention and education remain the key solution to the reduction of morbidity and mortality of COI...
- Increased methylation of glucocorticoid receptor gene (NR3C1) in adults with a history of childhood maltreatment: a link with the severity and type of traumaN Perroud
Department of Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Chene Bourg, Switzerland
Transl Psychiatry 1:e59. 2011..These findings suggest that early life events may permanently impact on the HPA axis though epigenetic modifications of the NR3C1. This is a mechanism by which childhood maltreatment may lead to adulthood psychopathology...
- [Spirituality, religious practices and schizophrenia: relevance for the clinician]S Mohr
Service de psychiatrie adulte secteur I, Departement de Psychiatrie, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 2:2092-4, 2096-8. 2006..It proved its applicability to a broad diversity of religious beliefs, even pathological ones. Inter-judge reliability and construct validity were high and specific training is not required...
- Religious beliefs in schizophrenia: their relevance for adherence to treatmentL Borras
Schizophr Bull 33:1238-46. 2007..This dimension should be on the agenda of psychiatrists working with patients with schizophrenia...