Genomes and Genes
Jean Pierre Hornung
Affiliation: University of Lausanne
- The human raphe nuclei and the serotonergic systemJean Pierre Hornung
Institut de Biologie Cellulaire et de Morphologie, University of Lausanne, Rue du Bugnon 9, 1005, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Chem Neuroanat 26:331-43. 2003..Finally, recent experimental data support the role of serotonin in modulating brain development, such that a dysfunction in serotonergic transmission during early life could lead to long lasting structural and functional alterations...
- Two specific populations of GABAergic neurons originating from the medial and the caudal ganglionic eminences aid in proper navigation of callosal axonsMathieu Niquille
Département des Neurosciences Fondamentales, University of Lausanne, Rue du Bugnon 9, CH 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Dev Neurobiol 73:647-72. 2013..This study strongly suggests that MGE- and CGE-derived interneurons may guide CC axons by multiple guidance mechanisms and signaling pathways...
- Distribution of postsynaptic GABA(A) receptor aggregates in the deep cerebellar nuclei of normal and mutant miceNathalie Garin
Institut de Biologie Cellulaire et de Morphologie, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Comp Neurol 447:210-7. 2002..These two postsynaptic components appeared to be regulated by different mechanisms...
- The ciliogenic transcription factor RFX3 regulates early midline distribution of guidepost neurons required for corpus callosum developmentCarine Benadiba
Departement de Biologie Cellulaire et de Morphologie, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS Genet 8:e1002606. 2012..Hence, the RFX3 mutant mouse model brings novel understandings of the mechanisms that underlie CC agenesis in ciliopathies...
- Nkx2.1-derived astrocytes and neurons together with Slit2 are indispensable for anterior commissure formationShilpi Minocha
Department of Fundamental Neurosciences, University of Lausanne, Lausanne CH 1005, Switzerland
Nat Commun 6:6887. 2015..These results bring forth interesting insights about the spatial and temporal origin of midline telencephalic glia, and highlight the importance of neurons and astroglia towards the formation of midline commissures. ..
- Developmental and spatial expression pattern of syntaxin 13 in the mouse central nervous systemJ C Floyd Sarria
Institut de Biologie Cellulaire et de Morphologie IBCM, Rue du Bugnon 9, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Cell Tissue Res 309:209-18. 2002..In conclusion, the developmentally regulated syntaxin 13 expression in various neuronal populations is consistent with its involvement in endocytic trafficking and neurite outgrowth...
- N-methyl-d-aspartate-triggered neuronal death in organotypic hippocampal cultures is endocytic, autophagic and mediated by the c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathwayTiziana Borsello
Institut de Biologie Cellulaire et de Morphologie, Universite de Lausanne, Rue du Bugnon 9, CH 1005, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 18:473-85. 2003....
- Transient neuronal populations are required to guide callosal axons: a role for semaphorin 3CMathieu Niquille
Department of Cellular Biology and Morphology, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS Biol 7:e1000230. 2009..By revealing a novel and essential role for these neuronal populations in the pathfinding of a major cerebral commissure, our study brings new perspectives to pathophysiological mechanisms altering CC formation...
- Glutathione deficit during development induces anomalies in the rat anterior cingulate GABAergic neurons: Relevance to schizophreniaJan Harry Cabungcal
Center for Research in Psychiatric Neuroscience, Department of Adult Psychiatry CHUV, University of Lausanne, 1008 Prilly, Switzerland
Neurobiol Dis 22:624-37. 2006..These results provide experimental evidence for the critical role of redox regulation in cortical development and validate this animal model used in schizophrenia research...
- Cortical 5-HT2A receptor signaling modulates anxiety-like behaviors in miceNoelia V Weisstaub
Department of Biology, Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Science 313:536-40. 2006..These findings indicate a specific role for cortical 5HT2AR function in the modulation of conflict anxiety, consistent with models of cortical, "top-down" influences on risk assessment...
- Early fetal expression of GABA(B1) and GABA(B2) receptor mRNAs on the development of the rat central nervous systemMyeong Ok Kim
Division of Life Science, College of Natural Sciences and Applied Life Science BK21, Gyeongsang National University, Gazwa dong 900, Chinju, 660 701, South Korea
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 143:47-55. 2003....