Affiliation: University Hospital
- Undifferentiated sarcoma arising in the brain, 23 years after curative treatment of an ependymomaSilvia Hofer
Department of Oncology, , , , 8091, Switzerland
J Neurooncol 72:239. 2005
- Gefitinib accumulation in glioblastoma tissueSilvia Hofer
Department of Oncology, Zurich University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Cancer Biol Ther 5:483-4. 2006..Our data confirm the capacity of gefitinib to accumulate in solid human tumors in vivo...
- Gefitinib concentrations in human glioblastoma tissueSilvia Hofer
Medical Oncology, , , 8091, , Switzerland
J Neurooncol 82:175-6. 2007
- Rituximab effective in a patient with refractory autoimmune haemolytic anaemia and CD20-negative multiple myelomaSilvia Hofer
Br J Haematol 122:690-1. 2003
- Spatial heterogeneity of low-grade gliomas at the capillary level: a PET study on tumor blood flow and amino acid uptakeMatthias T Wyss
PET Center, Division of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Nucl Med 48:1047-52. 2007..We used PET with (18)F-fluoro-ethyl-l-tyrosine (FET) to measure the spatial distribution of the amino acid carrier, which is located at the brain capillaries, and (15)O-H(2)O to measure tumor CBF...
- Metabolic deactivation of low-grade glioma during chemotherapyUlrich Roelcke
J Neurol 254:668-9. 2007
- Outcome and prognostic factors in cerebellar glioblastoma multiforme in adults: a retrospective study from the Rare Cancer NetworkDamien C Weber
University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:179-86. 2006..The aim of this study was to assess the outcome in patients with cerebellar glioblastoma (GBM) treated in 15 institutions of the Rare Cancer Network...
- Local targeting of malignant gliomas by the diffusible peptidic vector 1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane-1-glutaric acid-4,7,10-triacetic acid-substance pStefan Kneifel
Clinic and Institute of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospitals, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 12:3843-50. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Targeted radiotherapy using diffusible peptidic vectors represents an innovative strategy for local control of malignant gliomas, which will be further assessed as a neoadjuvant approach...
- Avoiding glucocorticoid administration in a neurooncological caseHans Peter Rutz
Division of Radiation Medicine, Paul Scherrer Institut, Switzerland
Cancer Biol Ther 4:1186-9. 2005..The role of COX-2 inhibitors in treatment of GBM is detailed, leading to the conclusion of a pressing need for a clinical evaluation of non-steroidal COX-2 inhibitors with the ability to penetrate into brain tumors...
- Delayed-onset and long-lasting severe neutropenia due to rituximabSilvia Hofer
Department of Medical Oncology, St Claraspital, Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 134:79-80. 2004..The antibody's toxicity is generally mild and transient. There are reports of protracted neutropenia in patients treated with rituximab...
- Extraneural spread of glioblastoma--report of two casesArnoud Templeton
Medizinische Onkologie, Kantonsspital St Gallen, Schweiz
Onkologie 31:192-4. 2008..2 years after initial diagnosis she presented with a pleural mass which was a metastasis of the formerly diagnosed glioblastoma. CONCLUSION: Although systemic metastases in glioblastoma are rare, different organs can be involved...