Thomas T Hills
Affiliation: University of Basel
- Search in external and internal spaces: evidence for generalized cognitive search processesThomas T Hills
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, Indiana, USA
Psychol Sci 19:802-8. 2008..Furthermore, individual differences in exploratory search were conserved across the two types of tasks. Along with the biological evidence, our results support the idea that there are generalized cognitive search processes...
- Dynamic search and working memory in social recallThomas T Hills
Department of Psychology, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn 38:218-28. 2012..These results highlight the role of social proximity in structuring social memory and elucidate the role of working memory for maintaining search criteria during search within that structure...
- Longitudinal analysis of early semantic networks: preferential attachment or preferential acquisition?Thomas T Hills
Cognitive and Decision Sciences, University of Basel, Switzerland
Psychol Sci 20:729-39. 2009....
- Categorical structure among shared features in networks of early-learned nounsThomas T Hills
Cognitive and Decision Sciences, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Cognition 112:381-96. 2009..The results offer new and testable hypotheses about the role of shared features in human category knowledge...
- Information search in decisions from experience. Do our patterns of sampling foreshadow our decisions?Thomas T Hills
Department of Psychology, University of Basel, Missionsstrasse 60 64, 4055 Basel, Switzerland
Psychol Sci 21:1787-92. 2010..Less switching between options was associated with choosing options that win in the long run on the basis of summary comparisons--decisions consistent with expected-value maximization and linear weighting of outcomes...
- The central executive as a search process: priming exploration and exploitation across domainsThomas T Hills
Department of Psychology, University of Basel, Missionstrasse 60 62, 4055 Basel, Switzerland
J Exp Psychol Gen 139:590-609. 2010....