Affiliation: University Hospital
- Combining capecitabine and gemcitabine in patients with advanced pancreatic carcinoma: a phase I/II trialViviane Hess
University Hospitals of Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 21:66-8. 2003..CONCLUSION: The combination of capecitabine and gemcitabine is well tolerated, with apparent efficacy in patients with APC. Therefore, it is currently being compared with gemcitabine monotherapy in a phase III study...
- CA 19-9 tumour-marker response to chemotherapy in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer enrolled in a randomised controlled trialViviane Hess
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Lancet Oncol 9:132-8. 2008....
- [Adjuvant!Online--an Internet-based decision tool for adjuvant chemotherapy in early breast cancer]Viviane Hess
Medizinische Onkologie, Universitatsspital Basel, Petersgraben 4, Basel
Ther Umsch 65:201-5. 2008..This article focuses on the advantages and pitfalls in using Adjuvant!Online for informed treatment decisions in early breast cancer...
- [Surveillance after primary resection of esophageal, gastric, pancreatic, hepatobiliary cancer and gastrointestinal stroma tumor (GIST)]Viviane Hess
Medizinische Onkologie, Universitatsspital Basel, CH 4031 Basel
Ther Umsch 65:347-51. 2008..This manuscript gives some practical guidance on how to individually follow these patients after primary tumor resection...
- Combining gemcitabine, oxaliplatin and capecitabine (GEMOXEL) for patients with advanced pancreatic carcinoma (APC): a phase I/II trialV Hess
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 21:2390-5. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine dose, safety and preliminary efficacy of a first-line regimen combining all three classes of active cytotoxic drugs in APC...
- Phase II study of capecitabine and oxaliplatin given prior to and concurrently with preoperative pelvic radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced rectal cancerD Koeberle
Division Oncology Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kantonsspital St Gallen, St Gallen CH 9007, Switzerland
Br J Cancer 98:1204-9. 2008..Preoperative capecitabine, oxaliplatin and RT achieved encouraging rates of pCR, R0 resection, sphincter preservation and tumour downstaging in patients with locally advanced rectal cancer...
- Efficacy and tolerability of capecitabine with weekly paclitaxel for patients with metastatic breast cancer: a phase II report of the SAKKUte Gick
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Oncology 71:54-60. 2006..However, based on the efficacy data alternative schedules deserve further evaluation...
- Interleukin-2-based biochemotherapy for patients with stage IV melanoma: long-term survivors outside a clinical trial settingViviane Hess
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Oncology 73:33-40. 2007..The role of Interleukin-2 (IL-2)-based biochemotherapy (BCT) for patients with metastatic melanoma remains controversial and few data of patients treated outside a specialized trial setting are available...
- Mucinous epithelial ovarian cancer: a separate entity requiring specific treatmentViviane Hess
Gynecology Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Rd, London SW3 6JJ, UK
J Clin Oncol 22:1040-4. 2004..Specific alternative therapeutic approaches should be sought for this group of patients, perhaps involving fluorouracil-based chemotherapy...