Affiliation: University Hospital
- Retroperitoneal perforation of the colon caused by colonic tuberculosis: report of a caseStefan Heinrich
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Zurich, Switzerland
Dis Colon Rectum 47:2211-4. 2004..We report this extremely rare presentation of gastrointestinal tuberculosis to sensitize physicians to tuberculosis again, because incidence rates are increasing and this disease will certainly play a more important role in the future...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy generates a significant tumor response in resectable pancreatic cancer without increasing morbidity: results of a prospective phase II trialStefan Heinrich
Swiss HPB Center, Department of Surgery and Institute of Surgical Pathology, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Surg 248:1014-22. 2008..To evaluate the morbidity of pancreaticoduodenectomy after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for resectable pancreatic cancer and to assess its histologic and metabolic response...
- Contrast-enhanced 18F-FDG PET/CT: 1-stop-shop imaging for assessing the resectability of pancreatic cancerKlaus Strobel
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Medical Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Nucl Med 49:1408-13. 2008..Our objective was to evaluate the value of combined contrast-enhanced (18)F-FDG PET/CT in assessing the resectability of pancreatic cancer and to compare enhanced PET/CT with the performance of PET alone and unenhanced PET/CT...
- Prospective phase II trial of neoadjuvant chemotherapy with gemcitabine and cisplatin for resectable adenocarcinoma of the pancreatic headStefan Heinrich
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Institute of Surgical Pathology, Swiss Hepato Pancreato Biliary Center, Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 26:2526-31. 2008..To test the safety of neoadjuvant chemotherapy for resectable pancreatic cancer...
- Partial bile duct ligation in mice: a novel model of acute cholestasisStefan Heinrich
Department of Surgery, Laboratory for Hepatobiliary Research, Swiss Hepato Pancreato Biliary Center, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Surgery 149:445-51. 2011..Because this model causes severe hepatic injury in mice, we developed a novel model of cholestasis using a partial bile duct ligation (pBDL) and evaluate different mechanisms of injury...
- Intraductal oncocytic papillary neoplasm of the pancreas: a radio-pathological case studyMichael A Fischer
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
JOP 11:49-54. 2010..Its differentiation from other cystic-like neoplasms of the pancreas, such as intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms, is a challenge for pancreatic imaging...
- Management of delayed major visceral arterial bleeding after pancreatic surgeryMarkus Schafer
Department of Surgery, Swiss Hepato Pancreato Biliary HPB Centre and Institute of Radiology, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
HPB (Oxford) 13:132-8. 2011..This study aimed to assess the management of major haemorrhagic complications after pancreatic surgery at a tertiary referral centre...
- Positron emission tomography/computed tomography influences on the management of resectable pancreatic cancer and its cost-effectivenessStefan Heinrich
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Surg 242:235-43. 2005..We sought to determine the impact of positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) on the management of presumed resectable pancreatic cancer and to assess the cost of this new staging procedure...
- Evidence-based treatment of acute pancreatitis: a look at established paradigmsStefan Heinrich
Swiss HPB Center, Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Surg 243:154-68. 2006..The management of acute pancreatitis (AP) is still based on speculative and unproven paradigms in many centers. Therefore, we performed an evidence-based analysis to assess the best available treatment...
- Effects of pentoxifylline on liver regeneration: a double-blinded, randomized, controlled trial in 101 patients undergoing major liver resectionHenrik Petrowsky
Swiss HPB Hepato Pancreato Biliary Center, Departments of Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Surg 252:813-22. 2010..To evaluate the effects of pentoxifylline (PTX) on liver regeneration in patients undergoing major liver resection...
- Ischemic preconditioning and intermittent clamping improve murine hepatic microcirculation and Kupffer cell function after ischemic injuryKatarína Vajdová
Laboratory of Hepatobiliary and Transplantation Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Liver Transpl 10:520-8. 2004....
- Ampullary cancerStefan Heinrich
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Swiss HPB Center, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 26:280-5. 2010..This manuscript reviews the recent literature on ampullary cancer, including new staging definitions, histological characteristics and treatment options...