Affiliation: University Hospital
- Morbidity in anaesthesia: today and tomorrowGuy Haller
Département d Anesthésiologie, Pharmacologie et Soins Intensifs Service d Anesthésiologie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 4 rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 25:123-32. 2011..The impact of the overall safety culture of health-care organisations on anaesthesia should not be minimised, and organisational issues should be systematically addressed...
- Quality and safety indicators in anesthesia: a systematic reviewGuy Haller
Department of Anesthesia, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Anesthesiology 110:1158-75. 2009..Additional efforts should be placed into the development and validation of anesthesia-specific quality indicators...
- Prehospital risk factors of mortality and impaired consciousness after severe traumatic brain injury: an epidemiological studySophia Tohme
Division of Anaesthesiology, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 22:1. 2014....
- Improving patient safety in medicine: is the model of anaesthesia care enough?Guy Haller
Department of Anaesthesia, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 143:w13770. 2013..It will also explore the extension of the model to other specialties and analyse its intrinsic limitations due to new challenges to patient safety: teamwork and communication issues. These will conclude the review...
- [(18)F]Fluoroethyltyrosine- positron emission tomography-guided radiotherapy for high-grade gliomaDamien C Weber
Department of Radiation Oncology, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Radiat Oncol 3:44. 2008....
- Clinical factors associated with the non-utilization of an anaesthesia incident reporting systemG Haller
Department of Anesthesia, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, University of Geneva, 4, Rue Perret Gentil, 1211 Geneve 14, Switzerland
Br J Anaesth 107:171-9. 2011..The purpose of this study was to assess each of these, using an existing anaesthesia database...
- Collaborative quality improvement to manage pain in acute care hospitalsGuy Haller
Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care Division of Anaesthesiology, Geneva University Hospital, 4 rue Perret Gentil, Geneva, Switzerland
Pain Med 12:138-47. 2011..The purpose of this study was to determine whether a collaborative quality improvement program implemented at hospital level could improve pain management and overall pain relief...
- [Patient safety indicators for obstetrics: a Delphi based study]G Haller
Département d Anesthésiologie, Pharmacologie et Soins Intensifs, maternité hôpitaux universitaires de Genève, 1211 Geneve 14, Suisse
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 39:371-8. 2010..The purpose of this study was to identify and assess for face and content validity a group of safety indicators that could be used by anaesthetists, obstetricians and neonatologists involved in labour and delivery units...
- Ketamine combined with morphine for the management of pain in an opioid addictGuy Haller
Division of Anesthesiology, Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology, Intensive Care of Surgery APSIC, University Hospitals Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Anesthesiology 96:1265-6. 2002
- Rate of undesirable events at beginning of academic year: retrospective cohort studyGuy Haller
Department of Anaesthesia, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospital, University of Geneva, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
BMJ 339:b3974. 2009..To determine whether an increase in the rate of undesirable events occurs after care provided by trainees at the beginning of the academic year...
- Handheld vs. laptop computers for electronic data collection in clinical research: a crossover randomized trialGuy Haller
Unit of Clinical Epidemiology, Department of Anesthesiology, Geneva University Hospitals, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Am Med Inform Assoc 16:651-9. 2009..To compare users' speed, number of entry errors and satisfaction in using two current devices for electronic data collection in clinical research: handheld and laptop computers...
- Effect of crew resource management training in a multidisciplinary obstetrical settingGuy Haller
Quality of Care Unit and Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive care, Geneva University Hospital, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Qual Health Care 20:254-63. 2008..To assess the effect of a Crew Resource Management (CRM) intervention specifically designed to improve teamwork and communication skills in a multidisciplinary obstetrical setting...
- Integrating incident reporting into an electronic patient record systemGuy Haller
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Am Med Inform Assoc 14:175-81. 2007..Agreement between chart review and electronically reported incidents was 80.6%. The integration of an incident reporting system into an EPR is reliable and well supported by health care professionals...
- Bispectral and spectral entropy indices at propofol-induced loss of consciousness in young and elderly patientsC Lysakowski
Division of Anaesthesiology, University Hospitals of Geneva, Rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil 4, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Br J Anaesth 103:387-93. 2009..Since the EEG is changing with increasing age, we investigated the impact of advanced age on BIS, SE, and RE indices during induction...
- [From aviation to surgery: the challenge of safety]D Suva
Service de Chirurgie Orthopédique et Traumatologie de l apparel Moteur Départment D anesthémiologie Clinique
Rev Med Suisse 7:670-3. 2011..In October 2009 we introduced a CRM course within the department of surgery at the Geneva University Hospitals. We are presenting this program as well as the first results following its application...
- Transcutaneous nicotine does not prevent postoperative nausea and vomiting: a randomized controlled trialChristoph Czarnetzki
Division of Anaesthesiology Clinical Trial Unit, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland Department of Neurosciences Medical Faculty, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Clin Pharmacol 71:383-90. 2011..There is empirical evidence that smokers are less likely to suffer from postoperative nausea and vomiting (PONV). We sought to investigate whether transcutaneus nicotine prevents PONV...
- [Undesirable events during the perioperative period and communication deficiencies]G Haller
Service d anesthésiologie, Pharmacologie et Soins Intensifs, Service d epidémiologie clinique, Universite de Geneve, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 4, rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil, 1211 Geneve 14, Suisse
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 30:923-9. 2011..This should ultimately contribute to minimise medical error and improve the overall quality of care provided to patients in operating theatres and during all the perioperative period...
- Socio-demographic predictors of high support needs in newly diagnosed breast cancer patientsA C Griesser
Breast Cancer Care Program, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 20:466-74. 2011..For the latter, support in sexuality domain should also be emphasised...
- Assessment of an unplanned admission to the intensive care unit as a global safety indicator in surgical patientsG Haller
Department of Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine, Alfred Hospital, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Anaesth Intensive Care 36:190-200. 2008..Despite intrinsic limitations of the retrospective chart review method, UIA can be considered as a valuable tool to detect avoidable iatrogenic complications related to both surgical and anaesthetic care...
- Meta-analysis of binary outcomes from two-by-two tables when the length of follow-up varies and hazards are proportionalC Combescure
Faculty of Medicine of Geneva, Division of Clinical Epidemiology, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Stat Methods Med Res 20:531-40. 2011..Results show that the heterogeneity increases with the variability of length of follow-up for OR and RR, but not for the ratio of the logarithms of survival probability. A published meta-analysis is used to illustrate the method...
- Swiss healthcare cost containment policies and their impact on anaesthetists' density and satisfactionC Mamie
Division of Anaesthesia, département d anesthésie, Pharmacologie et Soins Intensifs, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, CH
Swiss Med Wkly 141:w13251. 2011..The aim of the current study was to assess the density, characteristics and satisfaction of anaesthetists in Latin Switzerland and to compare the results with data collected before the introduction of cost containment policies in 2002...
- Validity of unplanned admission to an intensive care unit as a measure of patient safety in surgical patientsGuy Haller
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine, Alfred Hospital, Monash University, Commercial Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Anesthesiology 103:1121-9. 2005..Often regarded as a surrogate marker of adverse events, it has potential as a direct measure of patient safety. Its true validity for such use is currently unknown...
- Learning from incidents and near-misses reportsGuy Haller
Anesthesiology 102:1287. 2005