Genomes and Genes
Christoph R Haag
Affiliation: University of Fribourg
- Strong inbreeding depression in a Daphnia metapopulationChristoph R Haag
Universitat Basel, Zoologisches Institut, Switzerland
Evolution 56:518-26. 2002..However, the finding of low inbreeding depression in the monoclonal populations suggests that inbred and outbred genotypes might have about equal chances of establishing new populations...
- Test of synergistic interaction between infection and inbreeding in Daphnia magnaChristoph R Haag
Universite de Fribourg, Departement de Biologie, Unité d Ecologie et d Evolution, Chemin du Musee 10, CH 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Evolution 57:777-83. 2003..Our findings also indicate that there is variation for specific resistance to different species of parasites in the meta-population from which the hosts for this study were obtained...
- Nucleotide polymorphism and within-gene recombination in Daphnia magna and D. pulex, two cyclical parthenogensChristoph R Haag
University of Edinburgh, Institute of Evolutionary Biology, Edinburgh, UK
Genetics 182:313-23. 2009....
- Genetic diversity and genetic differentiation in Daphnia metapopulations with subpopulations of known ageChristoph R Haag
Unité d Ecologie et d Evolution, Departement de Biologie, Universite de Fribourg, CH 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Genetics 170:1809-20. 2005....
- Parasite-mediated selection in experimental metapopulations of Daphnia magnaChristoph R Haag
Universite de Fribourg, Department de Biologie, Unité d Ecologie et d Evolution, GH 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Proc Biol Sci 271:2149-55. 2004..Taken together, our results suggest that parasite strains that invade local host populations can lead to evolutionary changes in the genetic composition of the host population and that this change is parasite-species specific...
- Genetic load in sexual and asexual diploids: segregation, dominance and genetic driftChristoph R Haag
University of Edinburgh, Institute of Evolutionary Biology, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, United Kingdom
Genetics 176:1663-78. 2007..Overall, the mutation load that arises through the absence of segregation in asexuals may greatly exceed previous predictions that ignored genetic drift...
- Population genetics of duplicated alternatively spliced exons of the Dscam gene in Daphnia and DrosophilaDaniela Brites
Zoologisches Institut, Evolutionsbiologie, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e27947. 2011....