Affiliation: University Hospital
- Multiple-trauma management: standardized evaluation of the subjective experience of involved team membersT Gross
University Hospital, Department of Surgery, Trauma Unit, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Anaesthesiol 22:754-61. 2005....
- Attitudes of hospital staff involved in organ donation to the procedureT Gross
Department of Surgery, Basel University, Switzerland
Transpl Int 13:351-6. 2000..The findings are in line with general population surveys and indicate that much work needs to be done to encourage medical staff involved in organ donation to set an example to the community...
- How comparable is so-called standard fracture fixation with an identical implant? A prospective experience with the antegrade femoral nail in South Africa and EuropeThomas Gross
Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Realpstrasse 54, CH 4057 Basel, Switzerland
Injury 41:388-95. 2010..This is the first investigation comparing the treatment and outcome of femoral shaft fractures stabilised with an identical implant between trauma centres in 2 continents (Europe, EU and South Africa, SA)...
- Impact of a multifunctional image-guided therapy suite on emergency multiple trauma careT Gross
Computer Aided Radiology and Surgery Group Switzerland, Basel, Switzerland
Br J Surg 97:118-27. 2010..This study investigated the effect of instituting a MIGTS on the emergency treatment of multiply injured patients...
- [Pain management in surgical wards. Quality and solutions for improvement in the early postoperative period]T Gross
Allgemeinchirurgische Klinik, Department Chirurgie, Universitat Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Schweiz
Chirurg 73:818-26. 2002..We were interested in the actual surgical pain management of the postoperative period and the potential influences of a nurse-controlled intravenous morphine administration (NCA) on its quality...
- Attitudes and behavior of young European adults towards the donation of organs--a call for better informationT Gross
Department of Surgery, Ospedale Civico, Lugano, Switzerland
Am J Transplant 1:74-81. 2001..Our results suggest that there is potentially large support towards organ donation in this population. To minimize the high rate of indecisiveness, young adults need more appropriate information on the subject and they ask for it...
- Current concepts in posttraumatic osteomyelitis: a diagnostic challenge with new imaging optionsThomas Gross
Trauma Unit, General Surgical Service, Department of Surgery, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Trauma 52:1210-9. 2002
- Factors associated with reduced longer-term capacity to work in patients after polytrauma: a Swiss trauma center experienceThomas Gross
Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery Switzerland CARCAS, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Am Coll Surg 211:81-91. 2010..Knowledge of the factors associated with longer-term reduced capacity to work (RCW) is lacking in patients after polytrauma...
- Intralipid-based short-term total parenteral nutrition does not impair small intestinal mucosa-related cellular immune reactivity in the healthy ratT Gross
Department of Surgery of the University of Basel, Kantonsspital, Switzerland
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 24:337-44. 2000..The lipid component of total parenteral nutrition (TPN) has reportedly been associated with trophic effects on the intestinal mucosa and suppressive effects on the immune system...
- Clinical evaluation of the Trauma Outcome Profile (TOP) in the longer-term follow-up of polytrauma patientsCorinna Attenberger
Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery Switzerland, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Injury 43:1566-74. 2012..The aim of this investigation was to test the recently published Trauma Outcome Profile (TOP) in the longer-term outcome of multiply injured patients...
- In search of benchmarking for mortality following multiple trauma: a Swiss trauma center experienceIda Füglistaler-Montali
Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery Switzerland CARCAS, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
World J Surg 33:2477-89. 2009..The aim of the present study was to assess the quality of performance by comparing actual mortality rates to the literature...
- Transverse acetabular fracture: hybrid minimal access and percutaneous CT-navigated fixationThomas Gross
Department of Surgery, Trauma Unit, Kantonsspital Basel, University Hospital, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, Basel 4031, Switzerland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 183:1000-2. 2004
- Prognostic value of Sequential Organ Failure Assessment and Simplified Acute Physiology II Score compared with trauma scores in the outcome of multiple-trauma patientsPhilipp Fueglistaler
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Am J Surg 200:204-14. 2010....
- Prevalence and incidence of longer term pain in survivors of polytraumaThomas Gross
Department of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery Switzerland CARCAS, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Surgery 150:985-95. 2011..The current study evaluated the prevalence and severity of pain at least 2 years after injury compared with preinjury status using several pain scores in a Swiss cohort of survivors of blunt polytrauma...
- Modality-based navigationPeter Messmer
Division of Trauma Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Injury 35:S-A24-9. 2004..1 mm (unpublished data). From our point of view, modality-based navigation is an efficient and safe alternative tool for computer aided interventions...
- Unexpected high complication rate following internal fixation of unstable proximal humerus fractures with an angled blade plateReinhard A Meier
Trauma Unit, Department of Surgery, Basel University
J Orthop Trauma 20:253-60. 2006..The authors' goal was to analyze whether fixation with a bent valgus angled blade plate could improve the outcomes reported in the literature to date...
- Unexpectedly increased rate of surgical site infections following implant surgery for hip fractures: problem solution with the bundle approachYves P Acklin
Department of Surgery, Kantonsspital Graubunden, Loestrasse 170, CH 7000 Chur, Switzerland
Injury 42:209-16. 2011..We report on problem analysis and solution finding following the observation of an increased rate of SSI in trauma implant surgery.Setting: Trauma unit of a university hospital...
- Imaging of chronic posttraumatic osteomyelitisAchim H Kaim
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Eur Radiol 12:1193-202. 2002..This review gives an overview of definition, epidemiology, and pathophysiology of chronic posttraumatic osteomyelitis and discusses the value of currently used imaging modalities...
- Internal fixation of unstable proximal humerus fractures with an anatomically preshaped interlocking plate: a clinical and radiologic evaluationMichael Tobias Hirschmann
Orthopedic Department, Kantonsspital Bruderholz, Bruderholz, Switzerland
J Trauma 63:1314-23. 2007..We evaluated the outcome after internal fixation of unstable or displaced proximal humerus fractures with a new fixed-angle implant...
- FDG-PET imaging and the diagnosis of non-small cell lung cancer in a region of high histoplasmosis prevalenceDonita R Croft
The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Lung Cancer 36:297-301. 2002....