Affiliation: University Hospital
- Lithium dose prediction based on 24 hours single dose levels: a prospective evaluationN Gervasoni
Departement de Psychiatrie, Clinique de Psychiatrie Adulte Programme Dépression, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Domaine de Belle Idée, 16 18, bd Saint Georges, CH 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
Pharmacol Res 48:649-53. 2003..Although there was no control group, the prediction test often allowed us to use a higher dose than the usual fixed dose whose amount is limited by the risk of overdosing for the slower metabolizers...
- Cortisol responses to combined dexamethasone/CRH test in outpatients with a major depressive episodeNicola Gervasoni
Adult Psychiatric Service, Department of Psychiatry, Geneva University Hospital, 16 18 bd Saint Georges, 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
J Psychiatr Res 38:553-7. 2004..In future studies, it could be interesting to use this test more specifically by dividing ambulatory patients into subgroups according to their past depressive history. It could also be interesting to measure the ACTH level...
- Partial normalization of serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor in remitted patients after a major depressive episodeNicola Gervasoni
Department of Psychiatry, Geneva University Hospital, 16 18 boulevard Saint Georges, CH 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
Neuropsychobiology 51:234-8. 2005..These results suggest that antidepressant treatment has a positive effect on serum BDNF levels and support the hypothesis of neurotrophic factor involvement in affective disorders...
- [Trends in psychiatry]Nicola Gervasoni
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 4:158-60, 162-5. 2008..3) The potential efficacy of dawn simulation and high density negative air ionization in seasonal depression...
- CYP2D6 and ABCB1 genetic variability: influence on paroxetine plasma level and therapeutic responseMarianne Gex-Fabry
Division of Adult Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Geneva University Hospitals, Chene Bourg, Switzerland
Ther Drug Monit 30:474-82. 2008..The hypothesis that permeability glycoprotein activity might be a relevant predictor of therapeutic response deserves to be further investigated while controlling for pharmacokinetic variability...
- The DEX/CRH neuroendocrine test and the prediction of depressive relapse in remitted depressed outpatientsJean Michel Aubry
Department of Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatric Service Secteur 2, 16 18 Boulevard St Georges, CH 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
J Psychiatr Res 41:290-4. 2007..These results suggest that in outpatients who are in clinical remission from a major depressive episode, high delta and AUC values in the DEX/CRH test compared to controls subjects can be associated with a higher risk of relapse...
- Performance of the Mood Disorder Questionnaire (MDQ) according to bipolar subtype and symptom severityNicola Gervasoni
Service of Adult Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University Hospitals of Geneva, Switzerland
Eur Psychiatry 24:341-4. 2009....
- The cortisol awakening response in patients remitted from depressionJean Michel Aubry
Department of Psychiatry, Geneva University Hospital, Bipolar Program, 6 8 rue du 31 Décembre, 1207 Geneva, Switzerland
J Psychiatr Res 44:1199-204. 2010..007), while a 21% AUC decrease was associated with a 1-h longer sleep duration (p<0.001). In future studies, detection of between-group differences might benefit from adjusting for sleep duration and other possible confounders...
- Time course of response to paroxetine: influence of plasma levelMarianne Gex-Fabry
Service of Adult Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Geneva University Hospitals, 2 Chemin du Petit Bel Air, CH 1225 Chene Bourg, Switzerland
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:892-900. 2007..005). The present study supports the hypothesis that higher paroxetine concentration might contribute to hasten relief of depressive symptoms in severely depressed patients...
- Pharmacogenetic study on risperidone long-acting injection: influence of cytochrome P450 2D6 and pregnane X receptor on risperidone exposure and drug-induced side-effectsEva Choong
Unit of Pharmacogenetics and Clinical Psychopharmacology, Centre for Psychiatric Neuroscience, Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Centre and University of Lausanne, Prilly, Switzerland
J Clin Psychopharmacol 33:289-98. 2013..This is the first report on the influence of NR1/2 polymorphisms on RLAI exposure and on drug-induced adverse effects. These results should be validated in larger cohorts...
- Screening for bipolar disorders using a French version of the Mood Disorder Questionnaire (MDQ)Béatrice Weber Rouget
Programme bipolaire, Secteur 2 Jonction, Departement de Psychiatrie, HUG, Geneva, Switzerland
J Affect Disord 88:103-8. 2005..Modifications of its criteria for a positive screening as well as its test-retest reliability are also addressed...
- Low brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) levels in serum of depressed patients probably results from lowered platelet BDNF release unrelated to platelet reactivityFelicien Karege
Service of Neuropsychiatry, Geneva University Hospitals Belle Idée, Chêne Bourg Geneva, Switzerland
Biol Psychiatry 57:1068-72. 2005..Decreased serum BDNF levels have been reported in major depression, but the cause of this decrease has not yet been investigated. The goal of this study was to assess blood BDNF and a platelet activation index, PF4...