Nicolas U Gerber
Affiliation: University Children's Hospital
- Treatment of Children With Central Nervous System Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors/Pinealoblastomas in the Prospective Multicentric Trial HIT 2000 Using Hyperfractionated Radiation Therapy Followed by Maintenance ChemotherapyNicolas U Gerber
Department of Pediatric Oncology, University Children s Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland Electronic address
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 89:863-71. 2014..Here we report the results of patients between 4 and 21 years of age with nonmetastatic CNS-PNET or pinealoblastoma diagnosed from January 2001 to December 2005 and treated in the prospective GPOH-trial P-HIT 2000-AB4...
- Recent developments and current concepts in medulloblastomaN U Gerber
Department of Oncology, University Children s Hospital, CH 8032 Zurich, Switzerland Electronic address
Cancer Treat Rev 40:356-65. 2014..We describe recent advances in the understanding of molecular mechanisms, their potential impact on risk stratification in upcoming clinical trials, and perspectives for the clinical implementation of targeted therapies. ..
- A long duration of the prediagnostic symptomatic interval is not associated with an unfavourable prognosis in childhood medulloblastomaNicolas U Gerber
Department of Oncology, University Children s Hospital, CH 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Cancer 48:2028-36. 2012..This can lead to prediagnostic symptomatic intervals (PSIs) of several weeks to months. It is unknown whether the length of the PSI is associated with an inferior survival outcome in this population...
- Outcome of 11 children with ependymoblastoma treated within the prospective HIT-trials between 1991 and 2006Nicolas U Gerber
Department of Oncology, University Children s Hospital, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
J Neurooncol 102:459-69. 2011..Considerable diagnostic discrepancies between local and central pathologists underscore the importance of central review. Further studies are needed to improve survival of children with this rare malignant central nervous system tumor...
- c-MYC expression sensitizes medulloblastoma cells to radio- and chemotherapy and has no impact on response in medulloblastoma patientsAndre O Von Bueren
Neuro Oncology Program, University Children s Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Cancer 11:74. 2011..To study whether and how c-MYC expression determines response to radio- and chemotherapy in childhood medulloblastoma (MB)...
- Expression of O⁶-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in childhood medulloblastomaDenis Faoro
Neuro Oncology Program, University Children s Hospital, Steinwiesstrasse 75, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
J Neurooncol 103:59-69. 2011..Therefore, it is not currently recommended to use MGMT mRNA expression analysis to determine who should receive alkylating agents and who should not...