Affiliation: University Hospital
- Waterbirths compared with landbirths: an observational study of nine yearsVerena Geissbuehler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cantonal Hospital, Frauenfeld, Switzerland
J Perinat Med 32:308-14. 2004..This study compares neonatal and maternal morbidity and mortality between waterbirths and landbirths (spontaneous singleton births in cephalic presentation, vacuum extractions are excluded)...
- Fear of childbirth during pregnancy: a study of more than 8000 pregnant womenV Geissbuehler
Leitende Aerztin Frauenklinik, Kantonsspital, Spital Thurgau AG, CH 8501 Frauenfeld, Switzerland
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 23:229-35. 2002..It is difficult to establish a clear-cut benefit of birth preparation classes in reducing childbirth fears...
- Waterbirths: a comparative study. A prospective study on more than 2,000 waterbirthsV Geissbühler
Clinic for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Thurgauisches Kantonsspital, Frauenfeld, Switzerland
Fetal Diagn Ther 15:291-300. 2000..Waterbirths were introduced in 1991 as part of a new birth concept which consisted of careful monitoring and birth management, restrictive use of invasive methods and free choice of different birth methods...
- Third trimester plasma neurokinin B levels in women with and without preeclampsiaVerena Geissbuehler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Kantonsspital Frauenfeld, Spital Thurgau AG, Frauenfeld, Switzerland
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 21:95-100. 2008....
- Altered circulating neurokinin B (NKB) levels are not due to sequence variants in the encoding genesKashefa Carelse Tofa
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 140:135-6. 2008
- Gene expression profile of bladder tissue of patients with ulcerative interstitial cystitisMarianne Gamper
Biomedical Research Foundation, Matzingen, Switzerland
BMC Genomics 10:199. 2009..To better understand this debilitating disease on a molecular level, a comparative gene expression profile of bladder biopsies from patients with ulcerative IC and control patients has been performed...
- [Pelvic floor insuffiency - conservative treatments]Verena Geissbühler
Bethesda Spital, Basel
Ther Umsch 67:27-30. 2010..Usually all these treatments are combined. The success rate is between 40-70 %. Pessaries are the best choice for immediate relief of urinary stress incontinence and for reducing a prolapse...
- [Alternative obstetrics: bed, chair or tub? Have alternative birthing methods become established?]V Geissbühler
Kantonsspital, Spital Thurgau AG, Frauenklinik, Frauenfeld
Ther Umsch 59:689-95. 2002....
- [Experience with water births: a prospective longitudinal study of 9 years with almost 4,000 water births]Verena Geissbühler
Leitende Arztin Frauenklinik, Kantonsspital, Frauenfeld, Switzerland
Gynakol Geburtshilfliche Rundsch 43:12-8. 2003..Risks, such as preeclampsia, signs of infection, meconium-stained amniotic fluid and pathological CTG, are found more frequently in land births and indicate that a safe and prospective birth management is being followed...
- Waterbirth: water temperature and bathing time--mother knows best!Verena Geissbuehler
Clinic for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cantonal Hospital, Frauenfeld, Switzerland
J Perinat Med 30:371-8. 2002..The Frauenfeld Clinic for Obstetrics and Gynecology introduced waterbirths in 1991. This work examines whether guidelines for water temperature and bathing are actually necessary...
- Experience of pain and analgesia with water and land birthsJakob Eberhard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Cantonal Hospital, Frauenfeld, Switzerland
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 26:127-33. 2005..Women who choose water births or Maia stool births are more likely to get through labor without using any analgesics...
- Altered plasma neurokinin B levels in patients with pre-eclampsiaVerena Geissbuehler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the Kantonsspital Frauenfeld, Spital Thurgau AG, Frauenfeld, Switzerland
Arch Gynecol Obstet 276:151-7. 2007..Additionally, the peptide radioimmunoassay (RIA) and peptide enzyme immunoassay (EIA) methods were compared in the determination of the Neurokinin B levels, using 58 samples from patients with PE...
- Reply to the opinion paper "The baby or the bathwater: which one should be discarded?"Verena Geissbuehler
J Perinat Med 32:545-6. 2004