Affiliation: University of Bern
- Changes of skeletal muscle in young dystrophin-deficient cats: a morphological and morphometric studyF Gaschen
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Bern, Switzerland
Acta Neuropathol 101:591-600. 2001..Taken together, these data provide significant baseline information for further studies on the early changes associated with dystrophin deficiency in cats, or use of young dystrophin-deficient cats in therapeutic trials...
- Congenital diseases of feline muscle and neuromuscular junctionFrederic Gaschen
Division of Small Animal Internal Medicine, Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bern, Laenggass str 128, 3001 Bern, Switzerland
J Feline Med Surg 6:355-66. 2004....
- Pattern recognition and feature extraction of canine celiac and cranial mesenteric arterial waveforms: normal versus chronic enteropathy--a pilot studyLorrie Gaschen
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Division of Radiology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Vet J 169:242-50. 2005..Doppler ultrasound of the celiac and mesenteric arteries has great potential to enhance our understanding of intestinal disease in conscious dogs...
- Perinuclear antineutrophilic cytoplasmic antibody and response to treatment in diarrheic dogs with food responsive disease or inflammatory bowel diseaseNicole Luckschander
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bern, Switzerland
J Vet Intern Med 20:221-7. 2006..03). A positive pANCA test before therapy may aid in the diagnosis of FRD...
- Comparison of ultrasonographic findings with clinical activity index (CIBDAI) and diagnosis in dogs with chronic enteropathiesLorrie Gaschen
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Division of Radiology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 49:56-64. 2008..Mucosal echogenicity may be a better parameter for detecting inflammatory bowel disease than bowel wall thickness in dogs with chronic diarrhea...
- Evaluation of endosonography as a new diagnostic tool for feline pancreatitisAriane Schweighauser
Division of Small Animal Internal Medicine, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
J Feline Med Surg 11:492-8. 2009..In this study, EUS findings did not alter the diagnosis in six cats with pancreatitis when compared to AUS. However, EUS may be useful in cases where AUS fails due to obesity, hyperechoic mesentery, or excessive intestinal gas...
- Activation of nuclear factor-kappaB in dogs with chronic enteropathiesNicole Luckschander
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, 3001 Bern, Switzerland
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 133:228-36. 2010..01) in chronic enteropathy dogs. In conclusion, activation of NF-kappaB is closely associated with the pathophysiology of canine chronic enteropathy. Down-regulation follows successful therapy...
- Evaluation of gastrointestinal permeability and mucosal absorptive capacity in dogs with chronic enteropathyKarin Allenspach
Division of Small Animal Internal Medicine, Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, University of Bern, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
Am J Vet Res 67:479-83. 2006....