Affiliation: University Hospital
- Poor reading in French elementary school: the interplay of cognitive, behavioral, and socioeconomic factorsJoel Fluss
Centre de référence sur les troubles des apprentissages, Hopital Bicetre, Paris, France
J Dev Behav Pediatr 30:206-16. 2009..The goal of the present research was to study biological, socioeconomic, cognitive, and behavioral factors underlying poor reading in French-speaking second grade children...
- Vitamin D deficiency: a forgotten treatable cause of motor delay and proximal myopathyJoel Fluss
Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Subspecialties Service, Geneva Children s Hospital, Switzerland Electronic address
Brain Dev 36:84-7. 2014..Rickets-associated myopathy should be included in the differential diagnosis of proximal myopathy, especially in at-risk individuals. Vitamin D deficiency and its prevention remain important health issues in industrialized countries. ..
- Mild influenza-associated encephalopathy/encephalitis with a reversible splenial lesion in a Caucasian child with additional cerebellar featuresJoel Fluss
Pediatric Neurology, Geneva Children s Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 14:97-100. 2010..We report herein a young Caucasian child who in addition had cerebellar involvement and presented a transient mutism during the recovery phase...
- Positive Outcome following Early Diagnosis and Treatment of Pyridoxal-5'-Phosphate Oxidase Deficiency: A Case ReportStephanie Porri
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Neurology, Children s Hospital, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Neuropediatrics 45:64-8. 2014..Early recognition of PNPO deficiency and appropriate intervention might be associated with a more favorable outcome than initially considered. ..
- The influence of socioeconomic status on children's brain structureKatarzyna Jednoróg
Laboratoire de Sciences Cognitives et Psycholinguistique, Departement d Etudes Cognitives, Ecole Normale Superieure, Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e42486. 2012..In contrast, we found no significant association between SES and white matter architecture. These findings point to the potential neural mediators of the link between unfavourable environmental conditions and cognitive skills...
- Ohtahara syndrome or early-onset West syndrome? A case with overlapping features and favorable response to vigabatrinChristian M Korff
Pediatric Neurology, Child and Adolescent Department, University Hospitals, Children s Hospital, 6 Rue Willy Donze, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 16:753-7. 2012..We here report the case of a patient who presented at our center with features consistent with a mixed form of these epileptic encephalopathies, and favorable neurodevelopmental evolution...
- Specific language impairment versus Landau-Kleffner syndromeCatherine Billard
Centre de Référence pour les Troubles des Apprentissage, Hopital Bicetre, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Epilepsia 50:21-4. 2009..As such, the question is whether SLI and LKS should rather be considered along a continuum or as two entirely distinct entities. In addition, the rationale for using antiepileptic medications in rare forms of SLI is discussed...