N J Farpour-Lambert
Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Physical exercise and bone development in chronically ill children]Nathalie J Farpour-Lambert
Division d endocrinologie et diabétologie pédiatriques Département de pédiatrie Hôpitaux Universitaires, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse Romande 124:73-5. 2004..We have initiated two randomized controlled trials to determine the effects of a moderate impact exercise training program on bone mineral density of children with JIA and type 1 diabetes mellitus...
- [How to treat childhood obesity? Importance of primary prevention]N J Farpour-Lambert
Département de l enfant et de l adolescent, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 4:533-6. 2008..The treatment should be initiated as soon as possible, as its efficacy is reduced after the onset of puberty. Early preventive interventions that aim to modify both individual's behaviours and the environment are needed...
- Physical activity reduces systemic blood pressure and improves early markers of atherosclerosis in pre-pubertal obese childrenNathalie J Farpour-Lambert
Pediatric Cardiology Unit, Department of Child and Adolescent, University Hospitals of Geneva, 6 Rue Willy Donze, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:2396-406. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine the effects of physical activity on systemic blood pressure (BP) and early markers of atherosclerosis in pre-pubertal obese children...
- Impaired endothelial and smooth muscle functions and arterial stiffness appear before puberty in obese children and are associated with elevated ambulatory blood pressureYacine Aggoun
Paediatric Cardiology Unit, Department of Child and Adolescent, University Hospitals of Geneva, 6, rue Willy Donze, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Eur Heart J 29:792-9. 2008....
- Associations among obesity, blood pressure, and left ventricular massAlbane B R Maggio
Pediatric Cardiology Unit, Department of Child and Adolescent, University Hospitals of Geneva, Switzerland
J Pediatr 152:489-93. 2008..To measure resting and ambulatory systemic blood pressure (BP) and left ventricular mass (LVM) in prepubertal obese and lean children and to determine their relationships...