D A Ettlin
Affiliation: University of Zurich
- Cortical activation resulting from painless vibrotactile dental stimulation measured by functional magnetic resonance imaging (FMRI)D A Ettlin
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, ETH and University of Zurich, Switzerland
J Dent Res 83:757-61. 2004..No significant brain activation was observed in the somatosensory cortex with this stimulation protocol. These results agree with previous findings obtained from invasive direct electrical cortical stimulation of the human insula...
- PemphigusDominik A Ettlin
Clinic for Masticatory Disorders and Complete Dentures, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine and Cranio maxillofacial Surgery, University of Zurich, Plattenstrasse 11, CH 8028 Zurich, Switzerland
Dent Clin North Am 49:107-25, viii-ix. 2005..This article highlights current knowledge on the pathophysiology, the clinical signs, and the practical clinical diagnostic approach to these two serious disorders and treatment...
- Ibuprofen arginine for pain control during scaling and root planing: a randomized, triple-blind trialDominik A Ettlin
Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Periodontol 33:345-50. 2006..The aim of this controlled clinical trial was to investigate the analgesic efficacy and tolerability of ibuprofen arginine in patients with mild-to-moderate periodontitis during and after non-surgical periodontal treatment...
- Tracing toothache intensity in the brainM Brugger
University of Zurich, Center of Dental Medicine, Clinic for Removable Prosthodontics, Masticatory Disorders and Special Care Dentistry, Plattenstrasse 11, Zurich 8032, Switzerland
J Dent Res 91:156-60. 2012..Cerebral toothache intensity coding on a group level can thus be attributed to specific subregions within the cortical pain network...
- Interindividual differences in the perception of dental stimulation and related brain activityD A Ettlin
Center for Dental and Oral Medicine and Cranio maxillofacial Surgery, Clinic for Removable Prosthodontics, Masticatory Disorders and Special Care Dentistry, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Oral Sci 117:27-33. 2009..In conclusion, differences of perceived intensity between individuals are reflected in the differential activity of a set of brain areas distinct from those regions, reflecting rating differences of unpleasantness...
- Quantitative sensory testing of intraoral open woundsD A Ettlin
University of Zurich, Center of Dental Medicine, Clinic of Masticatory Dysorders, Removable Prosthodontics, Geriatric and Special Care Dentistry, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 42:401-5. 2013....
- Stereometric assessment of TMJ space variation by occlusal splintsD A Ettlin
Clinic for Masticatory Disorders, Removable Prosthodontics and Special Care Dentistry, Center for Oral Medicine, Dental and Maxillo Facial Surgery, University of Zurich, Switzerland
J Dent Res 87:877-81. 2008..Hence, the insertion of a 3-mm-thick occlusal splint led to a change in the topographical condyle-fossa relationship, and therefore to a new distribution of contact areas between joint surfaces...
- Design and construction of a magnetic resonance compatible multi-injector gas jet delivery systemDavid Megias-Alguacil
Automatic Control Laboratory, ETH Zurich, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Rev Sci Instrum 79:014301. 2008..The system offers new possibilities for use in various biomedical contexts such as, e.g., quantitative sensory testing or dental hypersensitivity assessment...