Affiliation: University of Bern
- Lazarevic I, Engelhardt B. Modeling immune functions of the mouse blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier in vitro: primary rather than immortalized mouse choroid plexus epithelial cells are suited to study immune cell migration across this brain barrier. Fluids Barriers CNS. 2016;13:2 pubmed publisher....
- Enzmann G, Pavlidou S, Vaas M, Klohs J, Engelhardt B. ICAM-1null C57BL/6 Mice Are Not Protected from Experimental Ischemic Stroke. Transl Stroke Res. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that absence of ICAM-1 neither inhibits cerebral ischemia-induced accumulation of neutrophils in the brain nor provides protection from ischemic stroke. ..
- Engelhardt B, Kempe B, Merfeld Clauss S, Laschinger M, Furie B, Wild M, et al. P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1 is not required for the development of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in SJL and C57BL/6 mice. J Immunol. 2005;175:1267-75 pubmed..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that PSGL-1 is not required for the pathogenesis of EAE. ..
- Rudolph H, Klopstein A, Gruber I, Blatti C, Lyck R, Engelhardt B. Postarrest stalling rather than crawling favors CD8(+) over CD4(+) T-cell migration across the blood-brain barrier under flow in vitro. Eur J Immunol. 2016;46:2187-203 pubmed publisher..Thus, cellular and molecular mechanisms mediating the multistep extravasation of activated CD8(+) T cells across the BBB are distinguishable from those involved for CD4(+) T cells. ..
- Martin R, Sospedra M, Rosito M, Engelhardt B. Current multiple sclerosis treatments have improved our understanding of MS autoimmune pathogenesis. Eur J Immunol. 2016;46:2078-90 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will discuss the currently available MS treatment options and approved drugs, including how they have contributed to the understanding of the immune pathology of this autoimmune disease. ..
- Tietz S, Zwahlen M, Haghayegh Jahromi N, Baden P, Lazarevic I, Enzmann G, et al. Refined clinical scoring in comparative EAE studies does not enhance the chance to observe statistically significant differences. Eur J Immunol. 2016;46:2481-2483 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, refined EAE scoring failed to improve statistical outcome comparing the overall disease courses between two groups of mice. ..
- Uster S, Coelho F, Aeberli D, Stein J, Hofstetter W, Engelhardt B, et al. TNF? blockade mediates bone protection in antigen-induced arthritis by reducing osteoclast precursor supply. Bone. 2018;107:56-65 pubmed publisher....