Affiliation: University Hospital
- Barriers to apply cardiovascular prediction rules in primary care: a postal surveyKlaus Eichler
Horten Centre for Patient Oriented Research, University Hospital of Zurich, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Fam Pract 8:1. 2007..Little is known about barriers for application. The objective of this study was to evaluate barriers impeding the application of cardiovascular prediction rules in primary prevention...
- Cognitive-behavioural treatment for weight loss in primary care: a prospective studyKlaus Eichler
Horten Centre, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 137:489-95. 2007..We assessed whether implementation of a community-based CBT weight loss programme for adults in routine care is feasible and prospectively assessed patient outcome...
- Prediction of first coronary events with the Framingham score: a systematic reviewKlaus Eichler
Horten Centre for Patient Oriented Research, University Hospital of Zurich, Postfach Nord, Zurich, Switzerland
Am Heart J 153:722-31, 731.e1-8. 2007..Uncertainty exists about the performance of the Framingham risk score when applied in different populations...
- Preventive health risk appraisal for older people and impact on GPs' patient management: a prospective studyKlaus Eichler
Horten Centre, University Hospital of Zurich, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Fam Pract 24:604-9. 2007..Health risk appraisals (HRAs) are recommended for detection of potentially modifiable risk factors for health status decline of older people. Little is known how family physicians manage detected risk factors...
- 'Emerge': Benchmarking of clinical performance and patients' experiences with emergency care in SwitzerlandDavid L B Schwappach
Department of Health Policy and Management, Faculty of Medicine, University Witten Herdecke, Witten, Germany
Int J Qual Health Care 15:473-85. 2003..To assess the effects of uniform indicator measurement and group benchmarking followed by hospital-specific activities on clinical performance measures and patients' experiences with emergency care in Switzerland...
- The role of statins in primary prevention of cardiovascular diseaseKlaus Eichler
Arch Intern Med 167:1100; author reply 1100-1. 2007