Affiliation: University Hospital
- Ambulatory healthcare information system: a conceptual frameworkYves Eggli
Ecole des HEC, Universite de Lausanne, Institut d économie et de management de la santé, Av César Roux 19, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Health Policy 78:26-38. 2006..The additional costs of this surveillance system should not exceed Euro 2 million per year (Euro 0.3 per capita)...
- Surgical safety and hospital volume across a wide range of interventionsYves Eggli
Institute of Health Economics and Management, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Med Care 48:962-71. 2010..Extending the analysis to a broader range of interventions and outcomes is necessary before adopting policies based on minimum volume thresholds...
- Risk-adjusted rates for potentially avoidable reoperations were computed from routine hospital dataPatricia Halfon
Institut Universitaire de Medecine Sociale et Preventive, University of Lausanne, 17 rue du Bugnon, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Epidemiol 60:56-67. 2007..The study aimed to develop a screening algorithm for those potentially avoidable, using only routinely collected hospital data and a prediction model to adjust rates for case-mix...
- Validation of the potentially avoidable hospital readmission rate as a routine indicator of the quality of hospital carePatricia Halfon
Institut Universitaire de Medecine Sociale et Preventive, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Med Care 44:972-81. 2006..The hospital readmission rate has been proposed as an important outcome indicator computable from routine statistics. However, most commonly used measures raise conceptual issues...
- A methodology to estimate the potential to move inpatient to one day surgeryNicolas Gilliard
Anesthesiology Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1005 Lausanne
BMC Health Serv Res 6:78. 2006..We propose an algorithmic method, using only routinely available hospital data to identify surgical hospitalizations that could have been performed as one day treatment...
- Determinants of generic drug substitution in SwitzerlandAnne Decollogny
Institute of Health Economics and Management, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Route de Chavannes 31, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Health Serv Res 11:17. 2011..The present study examines the influence of patients, physicians and certain characteristics of the generics' market on generic substitution in Switzerland...
- Measuring potentially avoidable hospital readmissionsPatricia Halfon
Institut Universitaire de Medecine Sociale et Preventive, University of, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Epidemiol 55:573-87. 2002..The proposed measure could be used as an indicator of inpatient care outcome. However, the instrument should be validated using other sets of data from various hospitals...