Affiliation: University of Basel
- Optimal killing for obligate killers: the evolution of life histories and virulence of semelparous parasitesD Ebert
NERC Centre for Population Biology, Imperial College at Silwood Park, Ascot, Berkshire, UK
Proc Biol Sci 264:985-91. 1997..In case that K(t) relates to host body size, this deceleration in growth is around host maturation...
- Experimental evolution of parasitesD Ebert
Universitat Basel, Zoologisches Institut, Rheinsprung 9, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
Science 282:1432-5. 1998..Understanding why parasite virulence seldom escalates similarly in natural populations could help us to manage virulence and deal with emerging diseases...
- A novel approach to parasite population genetics: experimental infection reveals geographic differentiation, recombination and host-mediated population structure in Pasteuria ramosa, a bacterial parasite of DaphniaJ P Andras
Zoologisches Institut, Evolutionsbiologie, Universitat Basel, Vesalgasse 1, Ch 4051, Basel, Switzerland
Mol Ecol 22:972-86. 2013..These results expand our knowledge of this model parasite, provide important context for the large existing body of research on this system and will guide the design of future studies of this host-parasite system...
- Sex, linkage disequilibrium and patterns of parasitism in three species of cyclically parthenogenetic Daphnia (Cladocera: Crustacea)T J Little
Institut fur Zoologie, Universitat Basel, CH 4051 Basel, Switzerland
Heredity (Edinb) 85:257-65. 2000..magna), because most of the populations analysed appeared to have high levels of sexual recruitment and therefore lacked the linkage disequilibrium that underlies associations between allozymes and susceptibility...
- Resistance to a bacterial parasite in the crustacean Daphnia magna shows Mendelian segregation with dominanceP Luijckx
Universitat Basel, Zoologisches Institut, Evolutionsbiologie Vesalgasse 1, Basel, Switzerland
Heredity (Edinb) 108:547-51. 2012..This has important implications for the outcome of host-parasite co-evolution. Our results add to the growing body of evidence that resistance to parasites in invertebrates is mostly coded by one or few loci with dominance...
- The cause of parasitic infection in natural populations of Daphnia (Crustacea: Cladocera): the role of host geneticsT J Little
Institut fur Zoologie, Universitat Basel, Rheinsprung 9, CH 4051 Basel, Switzerland
Proc Biol Sci 267:2037-42. 2000....
- Genetic variation in a host-parasite association: potential for coevolution and frequency-dependent selectionH J Carius
Zoologisches Institut, Universitat Basel, Switzerland
Evolution 55:1136-45. 2001..In addition, correspondence analysis revealed that some host clones, although distinguishable with neutral genetic markers, were susceptible to the same set of parasite isolates and thus probably shared resistance genes...